whats is sam and max?

edited February 2008 in General Chat
i have heard allot about sam and max but what is it? is it fun and worth getting:confused::confused::confused::D:D

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Sam and Max is a beautiful sunset, made colorful by noxious gases in the atmosphere.
  • edited January 2008
    Its a comedy abventure game about a dog and rabbit trying to solve crimes. You can download the free demo from the Sam and Max page. Its rated T for Teen by the way.
  • edited January 2008
    i might get it but uhh.. two im going to need more ansers, just from a public view
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max is a comady/advencher/point and click game. it is funny you won't regret getting it!
  • edited January 2008
    Do you like fun? Do you like wacky? Do you like gratuitous violence (that's safe for a T rating)? Do you like dogs or rabbity-things? Do you like puzzles?

If the answer to all of these is yes, then you'll like Sam and Max.
  • edited January 2008
    go see the online comic to see what the characters are about, and download the free episode 4 to experience them first hand.
  • edited January 2008
    now guys got me thinking =)
  • edited January 2008
    allso i have another thread i just put up called (should i get the bone game?) feel free to check it out
  • edited January 2008
    Sam and Max is your feeling when retrieving please see old friends for the first time. That gleam of a child in the eye when the double ice cream and candy when retrieving the vending machine. It's more than a feeling. When you hear the old songs to play using them. I start dreaming. Sam and Max is, how it is.
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max is like..... you know..... Hot Dog!
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max is like a black fly in your chardonnay.
    A black fly named Spade Bucket, sent to collect on the debt you owe the bookie for last week's races. Naturally, you don't have the money; otherwise you wouldn't be holed up in this lousy dive bar, but this fat seems to escape your friend. So you talk him up, trying to plead your case, all the while sliding your left hand farther and farther down the bar until you feel your digits tighten around that greasy smoked mackerel left in the ashtray.
    "C'mon, Bucket, cut me some-"
    You interrupt your own words with a southpaw hook that would have left de la Hoya on the mat. You're quick, but bucket's quicker. He's halfway out of the drink by the time fish meets glass, and he escapes with only three broken kneecaps. You toss a wad of cash at the barkeep, who throws you grimace you ain't seen since the last time you jumped head headfirst through the front window.
    Rolling on the ground saves your shoulder from shattering and in celebration it decides to hold a party and invites a hundred of its closest glass shard friends. There's always that uninvited dame that crashes the party, and as you stumble to your knees, you look up and see her in her two-ton glory. Her name is Ford and-

wait what were we talking about?
  • edited January 2008
    advencher

That must be the funniest alternate spelling since a re-open package of sliced, cured ham!
    now guys got me thinking =)

And that must be the funniest irrelevant comment ever. period.

Anyway... You can't describe Sam and Max.. It's implausible.. Implode-ausible..

O'rite!
  • edited January 2008
    *Grins with sharp teeth at inuyasha* Goto Telltale Games and download the Sam & Max games right now or a better purpose will be found for you in society! I'm always running out of nuclear bomb test subjects...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2008
    Why don't you just try the demos or free episode?
  • edited January 2008
    cuz i want to see wat other people say.
  • edited January 2008
    I say "We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And the Chupacabra! Madre de Dios he'll kill us all!"
  • edited January 2008
    Madre de DIOS!!! NOOOOO!!!!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Transferred to General Chat, due to general silliness...
  • edited January 2008
    Madre de DIOS!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Yes, I have released your prisioners and now come for you!

Sam and Max is one of the best episodic game serious I have ever played.
  • edited January 2008
    evilguy12 wrote: »
    Yes, I have released your prisioners and now come for you!

Sam and Max is one of the best episodic game serious I have ever played.

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Ay Carumba!
  • edited January 2008
    Sam is that feeling you get when you want to be slightly lethargic, slightly apathetic, but all around happy and yet still bluesy. If you have Sam in you, you are confused with the world, and the world has no idea what to do with you.

Max is the feeling you get when you want to bite things, maim things, shoot things, destroy things. If you have Max in you, people respect you... but do they really!?
  • edited January 2008
    Croutons wrote: »
    Max is the feeling you get when you want to bite things, maim things, shoot things, destroy things. If you have Max in you, people respect you... but do they really!?

Whoa, then I must be Max. I often have the urge to bite and maim things with my chompers...
  • edited January 2008
    i have heard allot about sam and max but what is it? is it fun and worth getting:confused::confused::confused::D:D

Sam and Max is when you mix looney toons, with a crime drama, mixed with random volince, and add a tiny bit of santa demon.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    It's a way of life.
    Some times you have to be violent and chaotic.
    Other times you have to be violent and sarcastic.
    And if it doesn't work, you can try to use some wit and a long winding convoluted phrase... with some violence.
    Mania, Sloth, Irreverence, Excess
    Gluttony, Revelry, Violence and Selfishness
    Flags of pure unfettered Id brashly unfurled...
    It's a Max Max Max Max Max Max Max Max world!
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max? Let me tell you about Sam & Max my friend.Sam & Max is the only game i know that features a (as the Moai prophacy would put it)walking mouth named Max(he thinks hes a rabbit) and a dog named Sam.
    They go on a bunch of Wacky cases like
    going to the moon,going in to a virtual reality game,becoming president to destroy a giant reanimated Abe Lincoln, Becoming a mafia hitman,keeping a talk show host from keeping her adiunce hostage, Beating up a waked out nutjob named Brady Culture from hypnotising the world, Beating up Santa,and saveing Easter Island from a volcano and many more to come
    its very adventureus,funny, keeps you entertained and it is simple to learn to play
  • MelMel
    edited January 2008
    I keep reading the title of this thread in my head using the voice of Toki Wartooth from Metalocalypse.

Carry on.
  • edited February 2008
    I don't think I've ever seen so many improperly spelt words and substitutions in a thread on this forum. Well done all.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.