sam and max or bone?

edited May 2008 in Bone
sam and max is a great game from what i have heard!and bone is allso a great game. but if you had to chose one what would your pick be? sam and max or bone?your pick:confused:

Comments

• edited January 2008
    If I could only pick one to keep playing? Sam & Max, because I love the characters and the jokes.
  • edited January 2008
    Dont know why all these threads on all the forums about the very same question
    (when you could ask in only one single thread)

The best answer you can have is: TRY THE DEMOS, all episodes of Sam and Max and bone have demos so asking and asking and asking and asking and asking wont give you the perfect answer, you might end up liking bone way more than Sam and Max, or biceversa so try the demos already and decide for yourself and stop asking the very same question over and over.
  • edited January 2008
    I got both! Cause I read Bone before and I think a video game is awesome for it and Sam & Max is awesome so I bought both!:D:D:D
  • edited January 2008
    glenfx wrote: »

The best answer you can have is: TRY THE DEMOS, all episodes of Sam and Max and bone have demos so asking and asking and asking and asking and asking wont give you the perfect answer, you might end up liking bone way more than Sam and Max, or biceversa so try the demos already and decide for yourself and stop asking the very same question over and over.

im not looking for a oppinion for myself. im looking at what the public thinks.:D:D:);)
  • edited January 2008
    I'm not sure it's really fair to put the two series in competition at this point. To me, an entire adaptation of the Bone story (which Telltale is far from finishing) is analogous to a full season of Sam & Max. It would be like judging the quality of Season 1 based only on Culture Shock and Situation: Comedy, and I think most people will agree the best stuff from that season came from the second half. You also have to consider how huge an improvement Bone episode 2 was over episode 1. If that trend were to continue, who knows how amazing the series will be/would have been as a whole? I think this affects Bone even more than Sam & Max because it's one big story that's already been mapped out, and because of that it almost has to work better as a whole than as individual parts.

Bone is great but it is also incomplete, whereas each Sam & Max season has its own self-contained story that you know has an end (or in Season 2's case, you know is going to get finished). So at this point, if I had to recommend one series to a newcomer (not sure why that would have to be the circumstances, but I'll humor you), it would be Sam & Max. I think Bone is fantastic, but it's kind of in limbo at the moment.
  • edited January 2008
    Sam & Max, the characters are more my type. :D
  • edited March 2008
    How about the length?
    Are the Bone games as short as S&M, or do they last a little longer?
  • edited March 2008
    Lunne wrote: »
    How about the length?
    Are the Bone games as short as S&M, or do they last a little longer?

They're a couple of hours longer. :)
  • MelMel
    edited March 2008
    Just a little Bone story.

When I went home for Christmas, I showed Out From Boneville to my 6-1/2 year old niece. I had to help through the little bit that we played (and she got bored with the dialogue).

I went home again a week or so ago and Hannah asked if we could play the Bone game. She's learning to read and so she was reading every line of dialogue (with the occasional help with a word here or there) and she had a blast with the locust chase at the beginning. She kept playing it over and over (until she beat it) and was giggling the whole time (and repeating the dialogue). She wasn't as bored with the dialogue (because she was better at reading this time :)).

She got frustrated with the puzzle to get Ted the bug across the stream (I have a hard time with that one :p) but she likes the game. She's a bit young to play it on her own but it was fun to play it with her.

That's all. :)
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Mel, thank you for this story. My heart is full of smiles and sunshine.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    You're welcome. :) I hope all is well with you and your baby.
  • ArtArt
    edited May 2008
    Hi,
    BONE!!!!!
  • edited May 2008
    glenfx wrote: »

Where can you get demo's of Bones? I've never played it before.
  • edited May 2008
    Thanks a bundle!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.