Monkey Stories - Fangame

Hi! this is my first post on the forum. :) Sorry for my english, it's not my native language. If I have any mistake correct me please...

In the last month, I've been thinking about a new MI fangame. It's just an idea, and I thought that maybe here in the TTG forum for ToMI you could help me. The game would take place between EMI and an imaginary MI5 (where Guybrush gets all the ingredients for the Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu), and in each chapter you play a different character.

(gonna put some spoilers if you don't want to have the game... spoiled :rolleyes:)

It's called Monkey Stories because, although it may have some part or even END in Monkey Island, only in one chapter you play as Guybrush, and
he isn't in his body: he's been body-changed with a pirate called Jean Drake, but a bad pirate: he steals treasures and kills people just for fun. Who did this body-change? The mad voodoo-scientist Jose Gonzalez, who was a crazy scientist and discovered voodoo, so he combines the best of science and voodoo, but not for doing good things: he's MAD and EVIL. Just like DeSinge, but Gonzalez believes in voodoo. GT has his personality but in Drake's body, so he is incited to do bad things, steal things and kill people. So Drake is the main villain, and all the stories are connected with him. (BTW Jean Drake is a nod to Jean Lafitte and Francis Drake, famous pirates)

I'm planning to have Wally, HT Marley/Herman, Lemonhead or some cannibal,
Jean Drake (with GT mind)
& Murray as his sidekick, and Jojo Jr or some monkey. Each chapter and each character story (hence the Monkey STORIES name) is different, but in the end they all connect.

In short: LeChuck is dead, nobody knows where Elaine is and the Voodoo Lady is taking a long break, so she doesn't know about
Jose Gonzalez and his evil spells with Guybrush.
It's time to play as secondary characters!

Talking about music: for
Drake
's theme we can do some remix of LeChuck's theme, because he's bad and all. I love the Ghost Ship theme, so it has to be included in some place. And I made some music for the game: it's bad, simple and in low quality, but maybe it can fit in the game. Downloads: Final Battle and Woodtick Theme.

And what about art? I need help about that, because mine is SO good, beautiful and perfect that it can't be in a simple fangame. :D I was thinking of a cartoonish style, maybe like Curse, but not the same exact characters. For example, we can't use the same pirate Wally (mainly because there isn't any sprite of him D: ) of Curse, or the same Lemonhead. Also, backgrounds are needed.

Voicing is also needed. Sorry for the long post, but I had to explain it all. If someone wants to help or has any question, just ask here.
:)

edit: in the poll, the question is: what do you think of MY idea. sorry for the mistake

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Great you want to make a Monkey Island fangame! However, you're not going to accomplish this on your own. Also, you write about the music and art style but do you already have an idea how you are going to make the actual game?
    As for the story: it is a nice idea to write a story about the secondary characters, but in this case I don't think it will work. Guybrush Threepwood as a protagonist is so important for the MI series that you can't leave him out of it. So if you don't use Guybrush I suggest you think about a story that has a setting for the game that is quite close to MI (something with pirates:) ) but not with the actual MI (secondary) characters.
    Of course I want to help, but first I think you'll need a more solid idea.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.