suggest for a different new game

edited January 2008 in General Chat
Telltale should make o point 'n click based on macGyver. It would be so cool.. I know, first of all it would be a license issue.. But I think the idea would be great.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    But in that game, any three inventory items would solve every puzzle.
  • edited January 2008
    no humor in that one. They should do a macGyver game, that's a way better idea than yours bugga
  • edited January 2008
    :D true... but puzzles might have some more difficulties by adding extra stuff. Atleast I would have a great nostalgic feeling to solve the puzzles. And game would be a little more serious.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Good luck in that.... if you though LA was though you haven't heard of MacGyver's execs.
    Some time ago the folks at Mythbusters (cool program, btw*) tried to make a MacGyver Special. They were summarily denied by MacGyver's execs, apparently even the tricks used on the show require permission to be used (They rejected an opportunity to get "free" publicity!... Maybe they were afraid of getting discredited since most "tricks" do not work in real life...)

So if you're in trouble and have a piece of paper gum, a clip and or a rubber band and something else, better check if you're not using some trick based on the show or the Phoenix Foundation will be sending some lawyers in your direction.

* Some sort of puzzle solving/adventure game based on MythBusters... busting some myths, building some contraptions like in the Incredible Machine...
  • edited January 2008
    That's too bad.. That was obvious those tricks won't work in the real life. But the serie was awesome in my childhood and it still is. I know many people who would be so happy if macgyver game was released.
    I don't see what's the real thing here 'cause they don't gonna release a new episode of macgyver. So they should sell their license away..
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Someone over there said that most tricks do work in real life, but the timing to make them work is completely impossible to achieve. For instance I remember an episode when MacGyver used a melting block of ice as a timer. Sure, it could work, but...
  • edited January 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    But in that game, any three inventory items would solve every puzzle.

Hah! Right, like let's see I've got to get out of this room and all I've got is a paper clip, an ice cube, and some matches....hmmm...(recalling basic physics)....I know!! I can make a quick demo charge and blow the door!!!
  • edited January 2008
    Adventure games main rule is.. the MacGuyver rule.... use the most unthinkable stupid object in your pocket to achieve your goal XD... no need for a Macguyver game when every adventure game is based on him in a way ;)... or adventure game companies should sue macguyver producers because they used adventure game tricks in the show ^^

I remember an episode on Macguyver where he slowed down a car without breaks by opening the hood... but if you do that in real life the hood will snap instantly XD
  • edited January 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    Good luck in that.... if you though LA was though you haven't heard of MacGyver's execs.
    Some time ago the folks at Mythbusters (cool program, btw*) tried to make a MacGyver Special. They were summarily denied by MacGyver's execs, apparently even the tricks used on the show require permission to be used (They rejected an opportunity to get "free" publicity!... Maybe they were afraid of getting discredited since most "tricks" do not work in real life...)

So if you're in trouble and have a piece of paper gum, a clip and or a rubber band and something else, better check if you're not using some trick based on the show or the Phoenix Foundation will be sending some lawyers in your direction.

Yet there's not not one but TWO books about MacGuyver tricks in real-life. Madness.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Yet there's not not one but TWO books about MacGuyver tricks in real-life. Madness.

Neither seems to be an official book. In fact, those seem to be inspired on, rather than based on.

Still, I might buy one of each (Around $25). Tempting stuff. And maybe I can use some ideas for game puzzles.

Edit: Well, MythBusters managed to get the authorization from MacGyver's producers to make a MacGyver special. Air date: Feb 20, 9 pm.
  • edited January 2008
    - MacGyver game only if this scene is included:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tkBSZiXNRys
Sign in to comment in this discussion.