the meaning of life,the universe, and everything else is:
wierd hu

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Wow I hadn't heard that one before
  • edited January 2008
    Discovered Douglas Adams, eh?
  • edited January 2008
    Yes, but what's the ultimate question? Even more importantly what is God's final message to creation!?
  • edited January 2008
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • edited January 2008
    Hmm, never knew I would become the meaning of everything, when I turned 42!
    Am I supposed to do something special now?
  • edited January 2008
    Also, type "what is the answer to life the universe and everything" in Google. :D
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    You need to enter
    what is the answer to life, the universe and everything
  • edited January 2008
    Works without the comma, too.
  • edited January 2008
    t_a_o wrote: »
    Am I supposed to do something special now?
    No idea i may have a brain full of worthless triva,but not that much triva.
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Discovered Douglas Adams, eh?
    No i didn't get it from Douglas Adams, its because my brain is full of enough worthless triva to give power to NYC for a full week
  • edited January 2008
    you didn't get it from adams? interesting. might this have become common knowledge? already?
    btw, 42 is not the meaning of life, the universe and everything else, but the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything else..or something. i know, it's only a small difference, but an important one, I think.
  • edited January 2008
    I loved those books

42 is the answer to the ultimate question... It was given to the beings we knew as mice because they pushed the issue with Deep Thought
    It was to busy watchin the Television(in the movie) so it built another computer to calculate the question.. this was the planet earth.. or rather earth mark II
    Course they blew it up for the highway...

if you want to know the real reason adams posted it on his fan site ages ago.. I think its still in wiki

WHY 42!!!
    "The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story."
  • edited January 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    you didn't get it from adams? interesting. might this have become common knowledge? already?
    btw, 42 is not the meaning of life, the universe and everything else, but the answer to the question of life, the universe and everything else..or something. i know, it's only a small difference, but an important one, I think.
    It is a small diffrence so i'll just ignore that comment
  • edited January 2008
    Anvilania wrote: »
    It is a small diffrence so i'll just ignore that comment

No offence but what was the point of this thread? If you didn't get it from Adams then were did you get it from? as Douglas Adams is the guy who thought it up in the first place.
  • edited January 2008
    evilguy12 wrote: »
    No offence but what was the point of this thread? If you didn't get it from Adams then were did you get it from? as Douglas Adams is the guy who thought it up in the first place.
    Dude i don't want to repeat myself as i said my brain is full of worthless trivia!
    If you must know i got it from Stargate Atlantis and now its worthless triva! good day sir!
  • edited January 2008
    and they got it from.... tada.. douglas adams :P
    google is your friend

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3811174/6/With_Apologies_to_Douglas_Adams
  • edited January 2008
    what is the answer to life the universe and everything = a worthless number invented by a mortal man... LOL!!
  • edited January 2008
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great book. You should read it, when you get a chance.
  • edited January 2008
    I love the first 3 books.. towards the end.. it was just not the same.. for obvious reasons.
  • edited January 2008
    ..true, but I also liked the ending of the last book though.
    Anvilania wrote: »
    Dude i don't want to repeat myself as i said my brain is full of worthless trivia!
    Who's isn't? Did you know that, thanks to the various forms of modern media, most people are not able to concentrate on a single task without being distracted by some kind of input for more than averagely ten minutes?
    Anyway, talking about worthless trivia: Posting such facts on a forum like this one could be compared to trowing a piece of bloody meat into a bath tub filled with piranhas...you get a bubble bath.
  • edited January 2008
    I just bought a new copy of all 5 books in one volume after "lending" my old copies to a friend and loosing them forever. Leather bound and gilded too. Looks rather expensive (even though it was about £10).
  • edited January 2008
    Awww for the Lova-a-a-a-a
    just foget it guys!!
  • edited January 2008
    RobD wrote: »
    I just bought a new copy of all 5 books in one volume after "lending" my old copies to a friend and loosing them forever. Leather bound and gilded too. Looks rather expensive (even though it was about £10).

I got all five books for 2.50. I have read the first four and still need to read the fith.
  • edited January 2008
    evilguy12 wrote: »
    I got all five books for 2.50. I have read the first four and still need to read the fith.

I literally just this minute finished reading the fifth book. The last couple of books seem much better when you read the whole series as one. It's a shame they didn't make the entire thing into an accurately adapted movie series, instead of making one mediocre one with bits from all of the books mashed together. Ah, well...
  • edited January 2008
    I have the entire H2G2 radio series (all 5 seasons) on a single MP3 CD I listen to when I drive. It's badass.
  • edited January 2008
    invader .. you rock.. the rest of you need to do your homework :P just my opinion.

lets just say if you want the full hitchhikers experience.. you have to find .. the other books.
  • edited January 2008
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish and Mostly Harmless were my favorites in the series, despite (or maybe because of) the bleaker tone, while still managing to be two of the funniest novels I've ever read.

(But the third book has my favorite part, where the Bistromathic Drive is introduced)
  • edited January 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    invader .. you rock.. the rest of you need to do your homework :P just my opinion.
    hey, i never did much homework and i won't start now, just because you tell me to..:p
  • edited January 2008
    Kaldire wrote: »
    I only do homework if the subject its in is before 5th period (my lunch period) and if not i do it at resces.
  • edited January 2008
    Now it all makes sense.
  • edited February 2008
    Definitions of life on the Web:

* a characteristic state or mode of living; "social life"; "city life"; "real life"
    * the course of existence of an individual; the actions and events that occur in living; "he hoped for a new life in Australia"; "he wanted to live his own life without interference from others"
    * the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities; "he could no longer cope with the complexities of life"
    * animation: the condition of living or the state of being alive; "while there's life there's hope"; "life depends on many chemical and physical processes"
    * the period during which something is functional (as between birth and death); "the battery had a short life"; "he lived a long and happy life"
    * the period between birth and the present time; "I have known him all his life"

Definitions of universe on the Web:

* everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
    * population: (statistics) the entire aggregation of items from which samples can be drawn; "it is an estimate of the mean of the population"
    * everything stated or assumed in a given discussion

Definitions of everything on the Web:

* Everything! is a compilation album by Tones on Tail, which was released in 1998 as a double CD. The appropriately titled compilation contains ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything!

* Everything (2005) is a compilation of Lifehouse greatest moments, music videos, hit singles, and live concerts.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (DVD)

* Everything is a spoken word release and also a chapter from a book entitled "Eye Scream" written by Henry Rollins, containing prose and short stories which deal with subjects including the LA Riots and Rollins' opinions of the situation that developed during and since that time as well as other ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (book)

* Everything is a 2004 low budget film directed by Richard Hawkins. The film stars Ray Winstone plays Richard, who starts visiting a Soho prostitute Naomi (played by Jan Graveson), but he doesn't go for sex, what is he looking for?
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (film)

* Everything You Always Wanted To Know About R. Stevie Moore But Were Afraid To Ask is a double 12" vinyl record album by DIY home recording pioneer and one-man band R. Stevie Moore. The 36-track 2-LP set was issued by New Rose Records of Paris, France in March 1984. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Tout)

* Everything is a rock band from Virginia. They were active in the late '90s and early '00s. The band was formed in 1989 by students at James Madison University. As of 2006, the band has released four studio albums and one live album. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (band)

* Citibank is a major international bank, founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York. Citibank is now the consumer and corporate banking arm of financial services giant Citigroup, the largest company of its kind in the world. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (credit card)

* "Everything" is MISIA's 7th single. It was released on October 25, 2000. It peaked at #1 selling 306,580 copies on its first week. It served as theme song for the drama "Yamato Nadeshiko" (starring Nanako Matsushima). "Everything" remains her best selling single to date. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Misia single)

* "Everything" is the last song on Lifehouse's debut album No Name Face.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Lifehouse song)

* Everything was the song chosen by Greece as its entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 in Athens.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Anna Vissi song)

* "Everything" was the third single from Jody Watley's second album, Larger Than Life. "Everything" was the third consecutive top ten Pop and R&B single from that album (peaking at #4 in early 1990 in the USA), oddly the single only reached number 74 in the UK.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Jody Watley song)

* "Everything" is Fefe Dobson's third single from her debut album, Fefe Dobson. It was featured in the motion picture The Perfect Score and on the film's soundtrack. The version released to radio was slightly modified from the album version, given a more upbeat feeling. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (Fefe Dobson song)

* Everything is a 1988 album by the Bangles.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything (The Bangles album)
  • edited May 2008
    Invader,is your gif giving us the bird?:mad:
  • edited May 2008
    Did somebody paged me?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.