2013: the year of season 1 for the mac?

edited January 2013 in Sam & Max
Now that the Walking Dead fever is finally over (Please don't hate me), do you think 2013 can finally be the year that we get season 1 of Sam & Max for the mac computers?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Unfortunately, I don't think Walking Dead fever is going to be over for a while. :(

While I obviously can't speak for Telltale, porting old games is always going to take a backseat to making new ones. Something tells me there's not enough demand for a Mac version of Season 1 for it to be a priority.

A better question is what happened to the Mac version of Wallace and Gromit, which Telltale said would happen years ago but never came to fruition. Though again, probably not enough demand.
  • edited January 2013
    TellTale promised a lot of things but sadly us original supporters have been forgot about! It's all Walking dead now and catering to those fans.
  • edited January 2013
    Unfortunately, I don't think Walking Dead fever is going to be over for a while. :(

While I obviously can't speak for Telltale, porting old games is always going to take a backseat to making new ones. Something tells me there's not enough demand for a Mac version of Season 1 for it to be a priority.

A better question is what happened to the Mac version of Wallace and Gromit, which Telltale said would happen years ago but never came to fruition. Though again, probably not enough demand.

As I recall, W&G was one of the few games Telltale NEVER promised to port. I have it, and it works fine on my Mac with Wine, same as S&M Season 1. I know using Wine is a pain, but any of TT's games before Monkey Island work perfectly with it.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2013
    As I recall, W&G was one of the few games Telltale NEVER promised to port.
    That's not quite right.
    Posted in the Telltale Blog on March 1, 2010:
    "Sam and Max will be the next Telltale series to hit Mac computers! We're proud to host such a dedicated fanbase for all of our games, and don't worry, Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit are not forgotten. We'll be making them available for Mac within the course of this year, so sit tight."
  • edited January 2013
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    That's not quite right.
    Posted in the Telltale Blog on March 1, 2010:
    "Sam and Max will be the next Telltale series to hit Mac computers! We're proud to host such a dedicated fanbase for all of our games, and don't worry, Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit are not forgotten. We'll be making them available for Mac within the course of this year, so sit tight."

They seem to be a couple years late on that.
  • edited January 2013
    The sales for Wallace & Gromit probably didn't warrant the time that would be required to port it. If I remember wallace & gromit episode 3 & 4 only sold about 5,000 copies on xbox live arcade..where as the walking dead sold something like 2-3 million over there so I can understand why Telltale's attention and resources would be focused on TWD these days.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.