No More Monkey Island?

With the success of the Walking Dead (which is all Telltale talks about anymore) I have this feeling that we will never see another Monkey Island or Sam and Max game from Telltale. :(

Anybody else feel the same?

Comments

• SydSyd
    edited January 2013
    Another Monkey Island game would be up to LucasArts/Disney, so no one knows when, or if, it'll ever happen.

Telltale could pretty easily get the rights to make another Sam and Max, since Purcell has a good relationship with Telltale and a lot of trust in their capabilities, but last I heard was that, while they would like to make another season, they thought it would be best if they gave the series a break for a while.
  • edited January 2013
    Syd wrote: »
    [...]they thought it would be best if they gave the series a break for a while.

Yeah, because one new installment in the past 12 years is getting a bit much for us MI fans to handle.
  • edited January 2013
    LucasArts owns Monkey Island, so the future of the series is something that should be taken up with them.

I agree that I'm a little concerned about the direction Telltale is heading, though. Don't get me wrong, I loved The Walking Dead, but I hope Telltale will never forget its roots and keep making point-and-click adventures.
  • SydSyd
    edited January 2013
    Hayden wrote: »
    Yeah, because one new installment in the past 12 years is getting a bit much for us MI fans to handle.

I was talking about Sam and Max, not Monkey Island. If Telltale intends to make another Sam and Max someday (and it seems that they do from comments I've seen them make, though there's been no concrete announcement on that matter), I doubt they'll put as big of a gap between Season 4 and Season 3 as there tends to be between Monkey Island titles.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.