Interactive Achievement Awards - What the heck!?!?!

edited April 2008 in General Chat
I just found out about this a few minutes ago and started watching just as they announced the finalists for downloadable game of the year. Sam & Max are nowhere to be found!!!!!!!! The runners were a bunch of 2D puzzle games! What !?!?!?!

Not only that, there are a number of categories that Telltale should have been represented in! Adventure game of the year, outstanding achievement in original music composition, outstanding achievement in story development, outstanding achievement in art direction etc.....Come on Interactive Achievement Awards!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    They probably never even played the Sam & Max games before, which really presses on their credibility as an "award"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Was this part of the DICE summit? If so, I'm fairly certain you have to pay a fee to be eligible for their awards, and we didn't pay. (Who knows if we would have qualified for anything had we paid, but there you go!)
  • edited February 2008
    you have to pay, so you might receive an award.
    that is probably the most objective thing i've ever heard..:rolleyes:
  • edited February 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    that is probably the most objective thing i've ever heard..

Welcome to the art world. That's what I have to do just to find out I got rejected from a show.

"Thank you for paying $20 for having us look at your art work, but we don't think you're worth hanging in our next show that is set to happen on some random Friday night in the warehouse district because that's all we can afford. Your $20 will go towards the beer at the event."
  • edited February 2008
    good thing nothing i ever did was considered art in any way...:cool:
  • edited February 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    that is probably the most objective thing i've ever heard..:rolleyes:
    Agreed!
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Welcome to the art world. That's what I have to do just to find out I got rejected from a show.

"Thank you for paying $20 for having us look at your art work, but we don't think you're worth hanging in our next show that is set to happen on some random Friday night in the warehouse district because that's all we can afford. Your $20 will go towards the beer at the event."

"Please try again as your cash.. I mean Attempt means so much to us!"
  • edited February 2008
    ^They only say that if you check the box to be on their mailling list. :D
  • edited February 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    <snip>

I think all you have to do is look at these boards and the praise Telltale gets from its members pretty much every day to realize they do not need no stinkin' awards. Sure, I would love to see them recognized in some fashion outside of their fanbase, but I do believe they know they are delivering a great product that many many people enjoy.

(>'-')>

There, my ASCII Kirby award, presented to Telltale on this day February 13th, 2008. Be proud. ;)
  • edited February 2008
    9a8gn8.jpg
    6px3c1.png
    i6w2mp.png
    312yc07.png
    Bored? I sure was.
  • edited February 2008
    Ha ha! "Durrr" really is a classic quote! :D
    Telltale would be proud! :)
  • edited February 2008
    best award... ever
  • edited April 2008
    omg that is amazing
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Forgot about this! It's printed up next to the web/marketing dept calendar, right under Maratanos' thread about how surprised and eventually amused he was that GameTap posted a buggy alpha of 202 instead of the real game, and an email from an over-helpful fan questioning our ability to do our jobs, in regards to how taking the site down in the middle of the night was a decision he disagreed with since there had been maintenance just a few months prior. I like the award the most out of those three things :) With Maratanos' post about 202 coming in a close second.
  • edited April 2008
    There's nothing more annoying than an over-helpful fan. You'd think they would have better things to do.
  • edited April 2008
    great award I missed this the first time
Sign in to comment in this discussion.