Monkey Island Special Eddition Collection DVD Virus?

I don't know if this is the right forum for my question, but I'm hoping somebody here might be able to help.

I bought a "Monkey Island Special Edition Collection PC DVD" imported from U.K. recently. When I scanned the disk before installing it, my virus scanner detected Trojan horses (Generic Back Door) on the exe.files.

Has anybody bought the DVD and had the same problem? Is it safe to install and use it?

Comments

• SydSyd
    edited February 2013
    Most likely a false positive. What antivirus are you using?

You could try scanning it with some other scanners (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a really good one) and see if any of them show results as well. If other scanners say it's clean, then that makes it very likely that it was just a false positive.
  • edited February 2013
    Syd wrote: »
    Most likely a false positive. What antivirus are you using?

You could try scanning it with some other scanners (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a really good one) and see if any of them show results as well. If other scanners say it's clean, then that makes it very likely that it was just a false positive.

Thank you for your reply. I use McAfee for antivirus. I temporarily installed free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scanned the disk, but didn't detect anything, so it may be a false positive.
  • SydSyd
    edited February 2013
    Bubblechan wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. I use McAfee for antivirus. I temporarily installed free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scanned the disk, but didn't detect anything, so it may be a false positive.

McAfee is known for being pretty mediocre, even when compared to free antivirus programs. Since Malwarebytes gave it a clean bill of health, I'm pretty confident that McAfee was just giving a false positive.
  • edited February 2013
    Eddition? Oh you're talking about Maniac Mansions remastered version...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.