If TTG got back the Monkey Island lisence....

edited February 2008 in General Chat
...what would you do with it? Pick up where you left off or try and reintroduce the series?

I have to admit, I didn't play it at all when it was available, and is regretting it horribly right now from what I've read about it.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    they had the licence to monkey island???

news to me
  • edited February 2008
    I don't believe we have ever held the Monkey Island license unless I have fallen into a time warp somewhere. Lucasarts should be the sole owner of that one.
  • edited February 2008
    Well, a lot of the people that work/created TTG were responsible for Monkey Island, so it's kind of like their baby that was taken away from them by LA.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Well, a lot of the people that work/created TTG were responsible for Monkey Island, so it's kind of like their baby that was taken away from them by LA.

It wasn't really taken. They never owned it. Lucasarts just got rid of, as Ben Croshaw but it, "Their creative division." Also Ron Gilbert who played a huge role, major understatement, is working on his new game DeathSpank. I think people should remember the games fondly and look forward to all the new work those talented people are putting forth.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    If I had the Monkey Island licence, I'd keep it locked up. Or I'd make a bunch of games involving pirates discussing philosophy in the SCUMM Bar. Whatever winds up annoying people more.
  • edited February 2008
    Wish I knew these things before hand. Now I feel like an idiot.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    nah its cool!
  • edited February 2008
    But the Voodoo Lady said there would be five games! :(
  • edited February 2008
    Maybe they'll make a separate Voodoo Lady game (possibly involving philosophy). Now that would be gleefully annoying.
  • edited February 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Maybe they'll make a separate Voodoo Lady game (possibly involving philosophy). Now that would be gleefully annoying.

Yeah, because she'd finish conversation trees before you initiate dialog.:p
  • edited February 2008
    If I had the Monkey Island licence i'd give it to TTG so they could make it.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Aren't you a sweetheart?
  • edited February 2008
    But the Voodoo Lady said there would be five games! :(

Yeah but she lies all the time. Plus, she only said that in EMI, which is everyone's least favorite.
  • edited February 2008
    LucasArts are totally making a Monkey Island MMO with Bioware. It's the most outrageous conclusion one can jump to.

Source
    Next year's Star Wars MMO, not being developed by BioWare or Sony Online Entertainment, will launch simultaneously for PC and consoles alongside the debut of the first Star Wars TV series in fall 2009, of which the storylines of the game will tie into. Those Artistic Lucases already have a second online title planned that I've heard has nothing to do with Star Wars.
  • edited February 2008
    LA's response to DI's Pirates Online?
  • edited February 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    LucasArts are totally making a Monkey Island MMO with Bioware. It's the most outrageous conclusion one can jump to.

Source

pretty sure bioware are owned by EA
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah. And...?
  • edited February 2008
    it's sad, thats all...:(
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah. And...?

activision has the european licence for lucas arts and i don't think that EA would like that theyd have to share the profits (ea being a money grabbing machine)
  • edited February 2008
    This is a really bizarre and nonsensical derailment.
  • edited February 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Yeah but she lies all the time. Plus, she only said that in EMI, which is everyone's least favorite.

EMI is my favorite because its the only one in 3D.
  • edited February 2008

just as long as you remember 3d is not always superior i mean look at sonic
  • edited February 2008

I found some CMI cutscenes on YouTube, and I have to say, for a point-and-click PC title that was around in the 90s (I think), the animation for that was on par with a lot of the shows they were airring at the time. I forgot that it was a PC title simply because of how fluid the animation was.
  • edited February 2008

Very crappy 3D... (at least the actual characters)
  • edited February 2008
    Zachspyfox033, how can it be you favorite when it had HORRIBLE plot continnuity?
  • edited February 2008
    I need a coffee...
  • edited February 2008
    patters wrote: »
    activision has the european licence for lucas arts and i don't think that EA would like that theyd have to share the profits (ea being a money grabbing machine)

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com
  • edited February 2008

maybe EA will publish it or have to settle for a small amount of profits?
  • edited February 2008

I woudnt mind EMI if it had a mouse point and click feature... sometimes i just want to rip that game and rebuild it again in visionaire but as it should have been.

And a good or get rid of the monkey kombat >_<
Sign in to comment in this discussion.