Sam & Max on Fyeahcontroversial Characters

Through my dizzying course throughout the blagosphere, I have come across this lovely little tumblr nugget: http://fyeahcontroversialcharacters.tumblr.com/post/42131783984/character-pharaoh-sammun-mak-fandom-sam-max

Obviously, this means more characters will have to be submitted, posthaste!

Quick, guys! Which characters do you hate? Why? Can you dig up examples of you or others talking smack about them in earlier threads! This is a great way to rejuvenate this fandom!

All the best,
The Queen of the Lobsters

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I uh, i wouldn't say expressing hate on something in Sam & Max is the best way to bring a fandom back together..

That said, surprisingly i don't truly hate anyone in a Sam & Max game. True, some of them do act like pricks sometimes but they're still funny and have a wacky personality to them, and Sam & Max is supposed to be just about that.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2013
    The Soda Poppers were hated enough by fans to make Telltale
    kill them off

I don't think any of the other characters are really reviled by fans. I didn't care for the brain in a jar in episode 1 of season three though (for the same reason as the Soda Poppers) because of his irritating voice.
  • edited February 2013
    Maybe not hate, but I never liked Harry all that much. Does that count?
  • edited February 2013
    the mole people generally speaking, and I can't stand girl stinky
  • edited February 2013
    I uh, i wouldn't say expressing hate on something in Sam & Max is the best way to bring a fandom back together..

That said, surprisingly i don't truly hate anyone in a Sam & Max game. True, some of them do act like pricks sometimes but they're still funny and have a wacky personality to them, and Sam & Max is supposed to be just about that.

The site's about more than expressing hate. It's about bringing unpopular characters into the spotlight and giving people the opportunity to write lengthy essays defending their honor. (I plan on doing one in defense of Angie from the Trauma Center myself) Besides, any attention is good attention, as they say.

@crfh So what do you hate about Girl Stinky?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.