It will soon be Sam And Max Hit The Road's 20th anniversary

edited February 2013 in Sam & Max
Let's do something to make this game a memorable one... I'm hoping we can convince our friends at LucasArts/Disney Interactive to rerelease this fine game, hm?

Should the game's graphics be updated, ala the Special Editions of MI1 and MI2? Or will it be left as is? Will there be new content? Will there be audio commentary?

Let's make the 20th anniversary an anniversary to remember! Feel free to discuss the game here!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Max: Go buy some games right now, especially those old LucasArts ones.
  • edited February 2013
    It'd be great if LucasArts went and re-released all their old adventure games on Steam/GOG. I know Sam and Max might be out of the question for legal reasons, but why not all the rest?
  • edited February 2013
    Actually, Lucasarts did have quite a few games from their back catalog up on Steam at one point.

And checking just now, they do have the Indiana Jones games, two of the Monkey Island games, Loom and The Dig on Steam.

Only "big" titles I can see that are missing are the other two Monkey Island games, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle.
  • edited February 2013
    For what it's worth, Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders was added to Steam's app database recently (among many other strange entries, like the Halo trilogy).
  • edited February 2013
    For what it's worth, Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders was added to Steam's app database recently (among many other strange entries, like the Halo trilogy).

First I've heard about it... link plz.
  • edited February 2013

That would be awesome.

Zak McKracken was one of the weirdest, most surreal games I've played. Right up there with Tass Times in Tonetown.
  • edited February 2013
    I still have my original Hit The Road CD-ROM. I have considered framing it.
  • edited February 2013
    lattsam wrote: »
    First I've heard about it... link plz.

For some reason I can't find it in Steam's app database anymore.

However, you can still find proof here. Type "Zak" where it says "Search by game," and it'll suggest it. Clicking it just takes you to the Steam homepage instead of a forum, though. It has an (inaccessible) game hub too.
  • edited February 2013
    Well, I'm hoping that Sam and Max Hit the Road is the supposed "LucasArts test app" rumored to be on Steam... or maybe it's part of it, at least.
  • edited February 2013
    I really enjoyed playing Hit the Road over Christmas though I felt it wasn't as good as Telltale's

It is pretty cheap as well I got it for £4 off of Amazon for a new copy and it made my Christmas

What I'm hoping is that Telltale will announce season 4 to celebrate...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.