Obama ftw? :-P

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Since that guy could actually make it to the oval office, is there anybody else, who suddenly thinks, that a black president could be really nice, not to say, familiar? :D
Oh, I think he has already started hypnotizing people :eek:

Just a thought while waiting for 203

Comments

• edited February 2008
    If anything, I think Obama has a pretty good idea of what he wants to do. Perhaps he's unclear on a few things here and there, but overall, his general ideals are pretty solid and consistent.
    Also, he's the first hopefully-to-be president that is actually pretty capable of building bridges and repairing broken ones when it comes to world relations. He would be good for both the economy and to represent America for what it was supposed to stand for in the first place.
  • edited February 2008
    I think so too, though I didn't want to get too political. It is just "strange" that he looks so much like the president in Season 1, Episode 4 :)

besides that:
    Obama has already got more international attention than Al Gore ever had. (I'm German and even I know him) He could really be a second JFK.
    Anyways, I have a dream that at least one of the world's superpowers will be democratic. May it be the USA, if the people wish so. But then again I don't have that much hope. The last 8 years showed otherwise
  • edited February 2008
    You're only too right. That's the one thing I'm kinda afraid of - If obama does take the cake, then he COULD become the next JFK, and by that I mean they'd probably assasinate him just like they did JFK.
    Then again, everyone knows that the damage that's been done the past 8 years needs to be repaired.

A sidenote: Did you see that debate where Hilary Clinton kept verbally attacking him? That lady's nuts. She's just trying to be the first lady of the USA without thinking too hard about what she might do. Her decision and conclusion making make her seem like a very rash personality.
  • edited February 2008
    Obama looks like the puppet president? I really don't see it, lol
  • edited February 2008
    In freshmen year my english teacher said nearly every one important in history and writing is just the OLD WHITE MEN. i dont care about politics because i had expressed my opinion before and had been threatened physically twice but thats what i know to be true in much of the PAST. again i dont bother with that stuff nor do i quote current magazines espesioly the time magazine.
  • edited February 2008
    Threatened physically? Don't let that stop you. It's not like you love in North Korea.
  • edited February 2008
    jared25 wrote: »
    In freshmen year my english teacher said nearly every one important in history and writing is just the OLD WHITE MEN. i dont care about politics because i had expressed my opinion before and had been threatened physically twice but thats what i know to be true in much of the PAST. again i dont bother with that stuff nor do i quote current magazines espesioly the time magazine.

Old white men? Apparently she's never been in the far east.

As for Obama, I do agree that he's a very capable politician with ability to sway the masses. In fact, I consider him so capable that it's difficult to tell what he's really thinking most of the time. And that makes me a bit uneasy.

His unnecessarily combatitive outlook on diplomacy at the beginning of his campaign doesn't really help my opinion of him either, and the fact that his tone had been getting a lot softer in recent years. Will it change again in the future as his position changes? I'm a little afraid that he might push for populist agenda instead of something that might be most necessary for the moment. At least he states his opinions though. Hillary's position on a lot of things had been hazy lately.
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Yup, her Magic 8-Ball (tm) broke and its stuck on "outlook hazy, try again".
    Obama: looks like a wild cannon to me, there is something *odd* in him, but people seem to like him. However, in the final analysis, I don't think people are ready to accept a non-caucasian as president, yet (Or a woman, don't get me wrong I would vote for a capable one, but in other countries women were elected and are not doing too good and that reflects on Hillary)

McCain: I dunno, but fries (and other foodstuff) keep popping in my mind (nevermind). Between him and Huckabee, I think McCain will prevail, but there are still a lot of delegates left and there is the unknown factor coming from Romney withdrawal. McCain needs a lot less delegates, but he is not quite there (And the current economy troubles are still troubling the republican party)

Difficult choice for you US. Hopefully you'll make a good choice.
    Unfortunately Max is not running, but I can bet Max will get more than a few "votes" :)
  • edited February 2008
    We're doing quite alright here, thank you very much. :)
  • edited February 2008
    I would definately vote for Max!
  • edited May 2008
    mish wrote: »
    You're only too right. That's the one thing I'm kinda afraid of - If obama does take the cake, then he COULD become the next JFK, and by that I mean they'd probably assasinate him just like they did JFK.
    Then again, everyone knows that the damage that's been done the past 8 years needs to be repaired.

A sidenote: Did you see that debate where Hilary Clinton kept verbally attacking him? That lady's nuts. She's just trying to be the first lady of the USA without thinking too hard about what she might do. Her decision and conclusion making make her seem like a very rash personality.

As most hillary fans would say, VOTE FOR THE BITCH
  • edited May 2008
    To be honest, I don't care who is going to be elected for president. We can nominate a new polititian into office, but America will never be a perfect nation.
  • edited June 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't care who is going to be elected for president. We can nominate a new polititian into office, but America will never be a perfect nation.

I don't think any nation will ever be perfect (except Norway :p)
  • edited June 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    We're doing quite alright here, thank you very much. :)

Finland? The Finland who's president looks like Conan O'Brien? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?
  • edited June 2008
    That's the place, though we're now in the middle of a corruption scandal, so you have good timing. :)
  • edited June 2008
    While some may think he fits the antichrist's bill I'm sure that will be next election. :p
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    While some may think he fits the antichrist's bill I'm sure that will be next election. :p
    Technically speaking, the 'anti-Christ' (as in the opposite (anti-) of Christ) is an atheist. Which Obama is not.
    Because knowing is half the battle.
  • edited June 2008
    http://overcompensating.com/posts/20050809.html

WARNING! The above link contains adult language, so don't click on it if you're under, say, 12 or if you're at work and your boss is standing behind you :)
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    http://overcompensating.com/posts/20050809.html

WARNING! The above link contains adult language, so don't click on it if you're under, say, 12 or if you're at work and your boss is standing behind you :)

Now that's my kinda of half!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.