Am i able to get tf2 items from ttg downloaded game?

How do I get the tf2 items I win in Poker Night? I hearing that you can get the items in the game only if u downloaded it from steam, but I hope its not true. Can anyone help?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2013
    As an owner of the TTG Version, you can get a free steam key here.
  • edited February 2013
    Thank you so much! :D
  • edited April 2013
    Will it also be possible with Poker Night 2, or should I think ahead and preorder it on Steam?
  • edited April 2013
    Fazz wrote: »
    Will it also be possible with Poker Night 2, or should I think ahead and preorder it on Steam?

I'd pre-order it on Steam (when you can, since it doesn't have a page yet) just to be safe.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Fazz wrote: »

The PC and Mac versions of Poker Night 2 will only be available from Steam.
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »

So it won't be on the Telltale Store? That's a first. Good to know, though.
  • edited April 2013
    Oh, ok, thank you!
  • edited April 2013

Let me know if you ever decide to release a direct download version.
  • edited April 2013

I guess that will break a certain mod's heart.:(
  • edited April 2013
    Question. If I win the Borderlands 2 items and THEN buy Borderlands 2 on steam, will I still get the items? I was playing it on PS3, but am waiting for it to be on sale for PC.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I guess that will break a certain mod's heart.:(

...surprisingly, yes. Exactly that.

Hey, I've got loads of other stuff to play. Like. Uhm. And also, errr. Ugh. Oh, and Shadowrun Returns this summer.

And what I said on page 8 of the key party teaser thread... yeah. Double, triple, quadruple.
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Question. If I win the Borderlands 2 items and THEN buy Borderlands 2 on steam, will I still get the items? I was playing it on PS3, but am waiting for it to be on sale for PC.

Good question. I guess that all depends on how Borderlands 2 handles loot drops from external sources. It's entirely possible that the Borderlands 2 items are given out as one time use Shift codes, since that seems to be the only way to make it work across all systems.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013

Yes, if you win the Borderlands 2 items on the PC steam version, then buy Borderlands 2 on steam the items should still unlock.
  • edited April 2013

I think they will tie your unlocks to Poker Night achievements. And since your achievements are permament it doesn't matter when you buy Borderlands 2.
    And what I said on page 8 of the key party teaser thread... yeah. Double, triple, quadruple.

Well it's mostly Steam's fault that PNATI did really well. You really have no idea how crazy those item collectors in TF2 are. I have a rare item that was in my Portal 2 soundtrack box. The soundtrack was 20€ but on the market it's currently at way over 20€. I could easily sell that thing but I don't want to. Easy 25-35 (or even more) € for me if I did.
    5 items for TF2 for (assuming here) 5$ again is insanely cheap. Especially since this time the items actually look great.

No TTG direct version is horrible but >95% of purchases will be made for the unlockable items. They are just saving themselves the truble of creating another site to hand out Steam-Keys.
  • edited April 2013
    HoboStew wrote: »
    Yes, if you win the Borderlands 2 items on the PC steam version, then buy Borderlands 2 the items should still unlock.

Awesome. Now just for a good BL2 deal.
  • edited April 2013
    Awesome. Now just for a good BL2 deal.

look at the Steam-thread. I think you just missed one.
  • edited April 2013
    look at the Steam-thread. I think you just missed one.

The one on Gamersgate is still going around, but it doesn't seem to apply for the US as when I check it I don't get a deal. I am looking at the XCOM + BL2 deal on gamefly though.
  • edited April 2013
    The one on Gamersgate is still going around
    No it ran out a few (12) hours ago.
  • edited April 2013
    No it ran out a few hours ago.

Oh. whoops :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.