AudioSurf to be released Friday!

edited February 2008 in General Chat
I don't know if anyone else has been following this indie game, or if anyone else was in the beta, but I figured I would post this information here for those interested.

The independent game AudioSurf is set to be released this Friday on Steam. The game involves you moving a car around a looping, rolling track to collect colored "traffic". The most interesting part of the game is that the track and traffic are generate based upon what song you are playing... so any of your mp3s will work, and each will give you a decidedly different experience in game.

Now I know what you all are thinking: "Hey, he stole the idea from Sam and Max in the part where you run over accordions!" That is probably not true, seeing as this game has been in development for quite some time... however, Bosco seems to agree that there is some sort of conspiracy going on.

More info can be found at www.audio-surf.com
A demo will also be released Friday, which will be great for those who didn't participate in the beta, so they can try before they buy. I recommend trying the demo first, because if you find this style of game "boring" instead of "exciting" than it might not be a good buy for you. I, on the other hand, just pre-ordered it.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    It actually sounds like Vib-Ribbon.
  • edited February 2008
    Wow, that's a fairly impressive game for the PlayStation, seeing as it loaded the game into RAM. Did that ever get sold in the US?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I think it might be Europe/Japan only. I've only ever played it while visiting a friend in the UK.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.