Indiana Jones Trailer

edited February 2008 in General Chat
[url]http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html [/url]

Thoughts?

More action than I was expecting!

sambg.gif

Comments

• edited February 2008
    If this film isn't fantastic, then I'm not sure I could ever enjoy the cinema ever again.
  • edited February 2008
    If I don't enjoy this, then I won't have respect for Lucasanything! :(
  • edited February 2008
    daa da da daaaa da da daa....
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    I'm scared.... so much potential for.... disappointment.
  • edited February 2008
    Everybody look in the left background in the shot with Indy and Ray Winstone, and see if you can't see a soldier appearing out of thin air. There's also some other weird looking stuff going on in that shot. Was there something there that they erased for the trailer?
  • edited February 2008
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Everybody look in the left background in the shot with Indy and Ray Winstone, and see if you can't see a soldier appearing out of thin air. There's also some other weird looking stuff going on in that shot. Was there something there that they erased for the trailer?

Danged overanlyizers. :p

Now that you mention it, though...yeah. That's interesting.
  • edited February 2008
    The US trailer was edited so that the soldier's weren't pointing guns at anyone. It's something to do with the rating system.

cgipants1la6.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    Just so the trailer can have a lower rating than the actual movie? Crazy....
  • edited February 2008
    This movie MUST be great. It's Indy! Today I found that the young guy that helps him is actually Indy's son. This brings hope for more Indy movies with the son as main character.
  • edited February 2008
    This movie MUST be great. It's Indy! Today I found that the young guy that helps him is actually Indy's son. This brings hope for more Indy movies with the son as main character.

Gaaahhh. Misinformation. That there's only a rumor. No more Indy movies are yet planned, and as of yet, Shia's relation to Indy is unknown.
  • edited February 2008
    It wouldn't be an Indiana Jones film without Indy as the main character.

Maybe a CGI Fate Of Atlantis with Harrison Ford's voice?
  • edited February 2008
    Hmm the trailer doesn't look this good. Maybe the film will be better but so far i still would favor the first one. It really would have been interesting seeing The Fate of Atlantis as a movie.
  • edited February 2008
    Kedri wrote: »
    Gaaahhh. Misinformation. That there's only a rumor. No more Indy movies are yet planned, and as of yet, Shia's relation to Indy is unknown.

Denial!
  • edited February 2008
    I'm surprised that Indy looked as young as he did in the previus 3 films. I'm glad they're makeing a new film!!! *starts humming Indiana Jones theam song*
  • edited February 2008
    What about more Indys in the future, with the main character not performed by Harrison Ford? They did that with all the 007 movies, the main character's performed by different actors everytime but... could we accept Indy with a different face? I was watching a special some days ago, and saw the Magnum P.I. dude acting as Indy in Raiders of the lost ark... that was truly horrible
  • edited February 2008
    Well there's already the Young Indiana Jones series....
  • edited February 2008
    What about more Indys in the future, with the main character not performed by Harrison Ford? They did that with all the 007 movies, the main character's performed by different actors everytime but... could we accept Indy with a different face? I was watching a special some days ago, and saw the Magnum P.I. dude acting as Indy in Raiders of the lost ark... that was truly horrible

Tom Selleck was Lucas & Spielberg's first choice to play Indy, but the Magnum PI producers/studio wouldn't release him, so they fell back to Harrison Ford.
  • edited February 2008
    And we've been LUCKY! He really sucked on that role, nothing to do with good old Harrison
  • edited February 2008
    You know who'd make a decent Indiana Jones? Dennis Quaid. But anyway.

Trailer looks good to me. I just watched the whole trilogy about a week ago, and the movies really aren't masterpieces, they're just great films with a lot of adventure and fun. This film looks to be continuing in the same vein, and I can't wait.
    Molokov wrote: »
    Just so the trailer can have a lower rating than the actual movie? Crazy....

Makes sense. Trailers usually get a G rating whenever possible, especially for ostensibly kid-friendly films like this, so that they can show the trailer to as many audiences as they can.
  • edited February 2008
    Dennis Quaid is OK as Indy, totally agreed, but he's too aged right now. I mean, Ford and Quaid are both old, so it would be senseless to have him playing Indy.
    I wonder which young actor could play a 34 years old Indy. There aren't many, I can't think of even one.
  • edited February 2008
    taumel wrote: »
    Hmm the trailer doesn't look this good. Maybe the film will be better but so far i still would favor the first one. It really would have been interesting seeing The Fate of Atlantis as a movie.

Yep, I don't know what to think with this trailer...

The Last Crusade was really good and I'm not sure another movie is useful. I hope I'm wrong... Let's see in May...

The Fate of Atlantis would be a great movie (the script is one of the best in LucasArts' adventure games) but maybe too close to The Last Crusade.

By the way, for me and for a long time now, Indy 4, it's Fate of Atlantis not the next movie...
  • edited February 2008
    A lot of the setpieces in "Fate of Atlantis" were taken from the movies, so a movie script would have to be a lot different from the game. Still, I feel that the search for Atlantis would make an awesome Indy-flick.

That being said, I'm so thrilled about this movie... more than I've been thrilled about any movie in the past years... and I know that just seeing Indy back on the big screen (in a new adventure that is) makes me happy enough, even if the movie wasn't as good as Crusade (which I like best).
  • edited February 2008
    Dennis Quaid is OK as Indy, totally agreed, but he's too aged right now. I mean, Ford and Quaid are both old, so it would be senseless to have him playing Indy.

I thought of that too, but Quaid is about 10 years younger... close to the same difference in age as Indy and his father :p
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    I'm placing my vote for Aaron Eckhart (I'd see an Indy movie regardless, but he's dishy :)).

aaron_eckhart.jpg

Oh, and I like the trailer. The movie looks like it'll be fun!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.