6. KQ1
    7. KQ1SCI
    8. KQ7 / KQ8

Non-official:
    1. KQ2VGA (AGDI)
    2. KQ3R (AGDI)
    3. KQ3VGA (Infamous Adventures)
    4. KQ1VGA (AGDI)
    5. KQ2 1/4: Breast Intentions (Intermezzo Software)
    6. The Silver Lining (Phoenix Online Studios)
    7. Owl's Quest: Every Owl Has Its Day (Jstudios)
  • edited March 2013
    Kq5
    kq1sci
    kq6
    kq3
    kq4
    kq8
    kq2
    kq1agi
    kq7
  • edited March 2013
    Ok, this is very rough guestimate. It is hard for me to put in a straight order for the games... I might find certain games equal, or equal for certain reasons, but opposites on other reasons. On any given day I might switch some of these numbers around, depending on my mood.

KQ5
    KQ6
    KQ2
    KQ8
    KQ4
    KQ1EGA
    KQ1SCI
    KQ3
    Wizard and the Princess (sorta KQ0)
    KQ7
    King's Questions (chronologicaly sorta KQ6 1/2)

KQ5NES (maybe just after KQ3)
    KQ1SMS (just after KQ3)

KQ1 SCI is very hard to place, I could place it towards top as its Graham game, and they are generally my most favorite... On the other hand its essentially a reboot of the story, and doesn't fit in with the general overall continuity of KQ1-4 (geography/atmosphere). That's not really necessarily a bad thing. On any given day I might push it up closer to one of my top favorite games, there is of course the Graham angle, and I've mentioned he is my favorite character. But this is tough.

5 and 6 are definitely my favorite, and I could place those largely in any order, they are very closely equal to me. Although I probably prefer Graham as a character more than Alexander. I prefer floppy version of 5 over CD.

8 is tough it's grown on me, but its hard to place. I think its as good as KQ1 in general, which I think it has the most similarities to.

3 and 7 are easy for me after alot of thought. 3 has lousy puzzles, great story, good adventure. But the lousy puzzle design ruins it for me. 7, I don't need to go into it... It will never rise in number for me.

4 is the hardest to place for me... It has probably my favorite soundtrack, it has alot of cool atmospheric stuff. Great puzzles.... For many ways its a favorite adventure game of mine in general. It probably like it roughly as equal as KQ1 in general. But depending on how I feel it could be place to either side of it. Its leagues above how I consider KQ3 and KQ7... At times I could possibly switch 8 and 4, giving the edge to 4. But its very close.

2? Well depending on my mood, I could switch it with 6 easily. It's a graham adventure of course! It's so pure. But I love the story in 6, and the soundtrack. It's a tough decision.

King's Questions, well I like the artwork better than KQ7... but its obviously not an adventure game, being a trivia game. It's obviously very short. I almost thought about putting above KQ7, but that would be just too mean.

I could also probably add a few other variants like KQ4AGI, and KQ6 Amiga. But probably hold them to less esteem than main variants.
  • edited March 2013
    I refuse to rank the fan games, especially in this topic... They don't hold a candle to the official stuff for me.
  • edited March 2013
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Okay, so my list for the originals would be:

KQ6
    KQ7
    KQ4
    KQ3
    KQ5
    KQ1
    KQ2

[...]

[With remakes,] it should say:

KQ6
    KQ3R
    KQ2+
    KQ7
    KQ3 by IA
    KQ1VGA
    KQ4
    KQ5
    KQ1
    KQ2

MoE doesn't get honorable mention because it feels like it belongs to a whole different genre.

Also, KQ5 is hard for me to place. I know it's in my bottom 3, but I'm trying to consider where I would place the floppy version instead of the CD version (as I've played both) since KQ5's animal-voice acting is one of the bigger annoyances for me. But it's been so long since I played KQ5 without voices, it's hard to consider. Would it be lower or higher without voices? I'm not sure.

repost.

EDIT: Regarding KQ5, Cedric's voice doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the ants, the bees, the wolves, or the rat do.
  • edited March 2013
    Kq6
    kq3
    kq5
    kq1
    kq7
    kq2
    kq4
Sign in to comment in this discussion.