Doubt about CGW article

edited July 2006 in Sam & Max
Hi, guys!
I've just bought the on-line version of CGW August issue (BTW, any SAM & MAX and Telltale fan should buy it!!!!) and there's a strange sentence:

New episodes and machinima teasers will launch exclusively on the Gametap game-subscription service.

What? Didn't you say we could actually buy the games through Telltale Now too? I think - I hope - it's a misunderstanding. We don't have Gametap in Italy!!! :((

Comments

• edited July 2006
    I can't comment on that as I haven't read the article (though it would suck if things are the way that sentence reads), but tangentially related is the fact that Computer Gaming World have some renders up on their site.
  • edited July 2006
    we get to see inside boscos..and meet him! awesome
  • edited July 2006
    There's a preview at 1UP now and it gives the impression that everything will be available direct from Telltale:
    For players who buy in (either via subscribing and playing it on Turner's GameTap, or by paying and downloading it direct from Telltale's website), Telltale will deliver movie-length episodes once a month, with additional machinima-style video shorts in the off weeks to keep the story going.
  • edited July 2006
    Telltale will deliver movie-length episodes once a month

Interesting stuff :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    What? Didn't you say we could actually buy the games through Telltale Now too? I think - I hope - it's a misunderstanding. We don't have Gametap in Italy!!! :((

The Sam & Max games will be available directly from Telltale's site, as well as on GameTap. I promise. :)
  • edited July 2006
    I've just bought the on-line version of CGW August issue

How does one do that?
  • edited July 2006
    I've just bought the on-line version of CGW August issue

How does one do that?

You can buy it here:
    http://www.zinio.com/singles?pager.offset=0&issn=0744-6667

Pretty useful if you live outside USA! :D

P.S.: Thanks, Emily! I knew it HAD to be a misunderstanding. ;)
  • edited July 2006
    Thanks!
  • edited July 2006

The Sam & Max games will be available directly from Telltale's site, as well as on GameTap. I promise. :)

Yes, but will there be a delay between the GameTap release and the availability on Telltale Now?
  • edited July 2006
    Yes, but will there be a delay between the GameTap release and the availability on Telltale Now?

That's been asked here (by me :) ) and at Adventure Gamers and I don't think they know yet. :)
    edited July 2006
    What she said. :D

When we know for sure how the timing is going to work, we'll make an announcement about it.
  • edited July 2006
    After reading the article and seeing the movie I am impressed. I do however hope that before the game is availible, the animations for Max's ears are fixed so it does not look like he has priapism.
  • edited July 2006
    I can't comment on that as I haven't read the article (though it would suck if things are the way that sentence reads), but tangentially related is the fact that Computer Gaming World have some renders up on their site.

Has anyone noticed some similarities with Freelance Police renders?

Look at this picture of the girl with glasses. She looks very similar to the one in Freelance Police with glasses. I have an AVI file that showed a girl walking down the street. The only difference in this new render, is a new dress, and her hair is pulled back.

http://1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&mt=0&cId=3147942&mId=2950718
  • edited July 2006
    I assume you mean the video here. I don't think they really look particularly similar, apart from the fleshtone.
    edited July 2006

I don't know really how much involvement Steve had with Freelance Police, but considering he is a common thread in both games, that's not too surprising.

Did you watch the 1Up video? There's a section where Dave Bogan shows the "evolution" of Sybil's character. She started out looking completely different, and her final look is based on Steve's concept.

Of course, whether he intentionally made her look like that other character, or subconsiously, or it's just a coincidence, I don't know. ;)
  • edited July 2006
    I assume you mean the video here. I don't think they really look particularly similar, apart from the fleshtone.

ohh dont post that link! u just made me cry again :(( :(( :((
  • edited July 2006

I don't know really how much involvement Steve had with Freelance Police, but considering he is a common thread in both games, that's not too surprising.

Did you watch the 1Up video? There's a section where Dave Bogan shows the "evolution" of Sybil's character. She started out looking completely different, and her final look is based on Steve's concept.

Of course, whether he intentionally made her look like that other character, or subconsiously, or it's just a coincidence, I don't know. ;)

I like the clothing she had before better. imo
  • edited July 2006
    I haven't been able to find the August CGW yet. I tried monday, and yesterday at Chapters bookstore. They usually have every magazine, but I had no luck. They didn't even have last months. Maybe CGW doesen't ship to canada....but then again, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
    edited July 2006
    I saw it yesterday at Borders.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2006
    I've lived in (western) Canada for the majority of my life, and I've definitely seen CGW being sold in the local newsstands. So, unless things have changed in the past three months, you should be able to find it in the near future.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.