Magazine subscription suggestions?

edited February 2008 in General Chat
I've subscribed to the Dutch edition of National Geographic Magazine for a few years now, but I feel it's time for something else, and I want to get a subscription to a different magazine. I'm wondering if any of you could offer any suggestions? Ideally, I'd be looking for a magazine that covers video games or other aspects of geek culture, and one that isn't crazy expensive for international subscribers. I'm toying with the idea of subscribing to Wired, but I've heard that that contains a lot of ads, or maybe Edge, but that would be about twice as expensive as a Wired subscription for me. Any other ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I was about to post Edge, as I've heard nothing but good things about them. I can't personally say I've read through one of their magazines, but I have flicked in the shops and it looks nicely presented.
  • edited February 2008
    WIRED is nice, although it doesn't really cover games. It's crazy expensive (compared to the US) for international subscribers though, but then again, you currently have the dollar price working in your favor.
  • edited February 2008
    The Escapist, its a free online magazine that's all about video games and PC games.
  • edited February 2008
    Thanks for your replies so far!
    The Escapist, its a free online magazine that's all about video games and PC games.
    I'm specifically looking for a physical magazine, for those times when I'm without Internet access and want something to read.
    Soultaker wrote: »
    WIRED is nice, although it doesn't really cover games. It's crazy expensive (compared to the US) for international subscribers though, but then again, you currently have the dollar price working in your favor.
    I know it's expensive compared to the US, but at this rate, it's less expensive than my NGM subscription.

Right, I think it's going to go between Wired and Edge. I released some mathematical equations upon them, and it turns out that Edge would be around 7 Euros per issue, and Wired 4 Euros per issue. Now my question to anyone who may know is, do these 3 Euros reflect the difference in quality and quantity (number of pages)?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.