The Wolf Among Us in Game Informer

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Finally I able to get my issue in the mail. Here are my thoughts:

Cool. So the plot will revolve a murder mystery, which is similar to the primary plot of volume one of the comics. I'm looking forward to it.

Another thing I'll be looking out for will be the relationship between Bigby and Snow White. These two characters have quite the correlation with each other in the comics. With TWAU being a prequel, I want to see how things were for the two characters very early on. And with Snow being my favorite character in the comics, I can't wait to see more of her.

And it looks like we'll get a bit more freedom from our choices in TWAU than in TWD. It's said that we'll be experiencing the story from different perspectives, and we'll need to play through the game multiple times to see everything.

Seeing more of Colin is great, and apparently it seems he will reflect on Bigby's choices he made, whether good OR bad.

All in all, I can't wait for this to come out!
  • edited April 2013
    Personally, I am super excited now that I finally got a hold of a print edition of this month. It looks like this game will be amazing, perhaps even better than Sam and Max season 3 (haven't played Walking Dead.)!

There is one thing I am hoping for:

A side mission (or even episode) with Cinderella being the kickass person she is. Perhaps even showing her archrival Dorothy. Poor Dorothy has rarely been used in the general series.

Now I feel like I fail but I have not seen any mention of Mr. Toad in the comic expect in the war volume (volume 11). Is his character a Telltale exclusive to the series or did I miss him?
  • edited April 2013
    I hope that The Wolf among us will be at least a bit like CSI.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Andorxor wrote: »
    I hope that The Wolf among us will be at least a bit like CSI.

Enhance... No! More! I WANT TO SEE ATOMS SPELLING OUT THE KILLER'S NAME PRONTO
  • edited April 2013
    Zeruis wrote: »
    Finally I able to get my issue in the mail. Here are my thoughts:

Cool. So the plot will revolve a murder mystery, which is similar to the primary plot of volume one of the comics. I'm looking forward to it.

Another thing I'll be looking out for will be the relationship between Bigby and Snow White. These two characters have quite the correlation with each other in the comics. With TWAU being a prequel, I want to see how things were for the two characters very early on. And with Snow being my favorite character in the comics, I can't wait to see more of her.

And it looks like we'll get a bit more freedom from our choices in TWAU than in TWD. It's said that we'll be experiencing the story from different perspectives, and we'll need to play through the game multiple times to see everything.

Seeing more of Colin is great, and apparently it seems he will reflect on Bigby's choices he made, whether good OR bad.

All in all, I can't wait for this to come out!

Marketing talk. For all we know it could be something along the lines "Do I pick a baseball bat or a gun this time to deal with that same bad guy?" and then have a bit different combat scene based on a choice which then ends to similar situation.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    The main article has just gone up on the Game Informer website.
  • edited May 2013
    Is it gonna be Heavy Rainey then?
  • edited May 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    The main article has just gone up on the Game Informer website.

Wow! Were those all In-game shots? I really can't tell...
  • edited May 2013
    Looks amazing - really, really incredibly amazing.
  • edited May 2013
    Wow! Were those all In-game shots? I really can't tell...

Seems like it. On TT's twitter, they said that it was an actual screen.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Yup, that's all in-game.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited May 2013
    A free bug for every beautiful location!
  • edited May 2013
    I really like how the graphics look like an actual colorized 2D B&W-comic (wheras TWD looked like a color comic/animated movie to begin with). Those deep blacks are just sweeeet!
  • edited May 2013
    I really like how the graphics look like an actual colorized 2D B&W-comic (wheras TWD looked like a color comic/animated movie to begin with). Those deep blacks are just sweeeet!

+1!
  • edited May 2013
    Getting the style right is realy one of TellTales specialities
  • edited August 2013
    Sorry to revive this thread, but a preview of the first episode was shown. A few people had a chance to play it. Articles on the first hour are written here and here.

This goes without saying, there are heavy spoilers for what seems like the first hour of the first episode.

A few things I picked up while reading: (Possible comic spoilers)
    -The game seems to be set somewhere between 10-15 years before the first trade. Maybe we'll see how Bigby and Snow's relationship started here.
    -Ichabod Crane runs Fabletown at the time, so we might get to see how his role gets switched to King Cole.
    -As expected, there is gameplay just like TWD, from choices to combat.
    -It looks like there will be another important new female character besides Snow, probably game-exclusive. She was shown in the trailer.
    -More choice is seemingly shown in the TWAU than TWD. You can choose to investigate just how much you want in the scene of the crime, as well as choosing to pick up any items around the room when fighting.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Articles posted by Zeruis are discussed in this thread:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49061
Sign in to comment in this discussion.