Max Cheated

Starting playing Poker Night 1 again and something very strange happened. I had a queen and a jack in my hand. On the table was a 8, 5, 9, J, J. So I figure I had this at three of a kind. Then Max shows that he has two jacks in his hand. He gets four of a kind. So, Max is cheating or is the game using more than one deck and not telling us? That's five jacks in one game.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Jacinto wrote: »
    Starting playing Poker Night 1 again and something very strange happened. I had a queen and a jack in my hand. On the table was a 8, 5, 9, J, J. So I figure I had this at three of a kind. Then Max shows that he has two jacks in his hand. He gets four of a kind. So, Max is cheating or is the game using more than one deck and not telling us? That's five jacks in one game.

Who says you weren't cheating?

Also there are 5 Jacks in the game.
    Diamonds, hearts, clubs, spades and all trades.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    I'd love to see a screenshot of this if you ever see it again. It shouldn't be possible, as the game creates a virtual deck of cards at the beginning of each hand and deals off that.
  • edited April 2013
    I will do my best if I see it again. Possibly it was a one in a million but I'll try to grab a screenshot if it comes up again.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, there is definitely no cheating, even of the subtle "the computer knows what cards you are holding" variety. Definitely no card rigging after the fact. This would be a bug, and a pretty spectacular one at that. I have never seen anything like it in the thousands of deals I have worked through! If you (or anyone else out there) sees something like this, please try to take a screenshot.
  • edited April 2013
    Eh, I've had some really wonky issues with Omaha.
    Example: A Q J 10 9 on the table, A K 9 6 in my hand, A 9 8 2 in my opponent's hand...
    They get the win with a 8-9-10-J-Q, the game registers me as having 2 pair (As and 9s) instead of a higher straight.

Now these aren't the exact cards, but I've seen this kind of thing happen more than once.
  • edited April 2013
    Eh, I've had some really wonky issues with Omaha.
    Example: A Q J 10 9 on the table, A K 9 6 in my hand, A 9 8 2 in my opponent's hand...
    They get the win with a 8-9-10-J-Q, the game registers me as having 2 pair (As and 9s) instead of a higher straight.
    This sounds like a bug with the "only two cards from your hand" rule. Perhaps the ace on the board prevents it from recognizing the ace in your hand -- except the 9 on the board didn't keep it from recognizing your opponent's 9. So I dunno.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    This sounds like a bug with the "only two cards from your hand" rule. Perhaps the ace on the board prevents it from recognizing the ace in your hand -- except the 9 on the board didn't keep it from recognizing your opponent's 9. So I dunno.

I just tested the exact hand described and it correctly evaluated as a straight, so that's not happening. If you see anything that you think is not getting evaluated properly, please try to grab a screenshot of it so I can track it down, thanks!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.