Guitar Hero 3

1z5rtsn.png

Is anyone here a big fan of the Guitar Hero series? I've only ever played (and owned) the recent installment (3) due to my lack of console owning, but since I have a Wii I'm totally rocking out all over the place.

However, Hard makes my fingers feel like their going to drop off.
By the way, if anyone owns it on Wii, please PM me your friend code (I think there a specific in-game code for GH3) so we can have a match. :D

Comments

• edited February 2008
    I have a Wii and GH3 (not to mention the Strat right sitting right next to my computer, but that's a different discussion altogether), but if I recall correctly, I could never find where the GH friend code was located.
  • edited February 2008
    I was a huge fan of GH until Harmonix stopped working on it. The gameplay is the same so I can't knock that but the animations and character models are hideous.
  • edited February 2008
    I was a huge fan of GH until Harmonix stopped working on it. The gameplay is the same so I can't knock that but the animations and character models are hideous.
    I honestly never really looked at the character models in-game.
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, without Harmonix the game kind of went downhill. Notes and chords feel more like they are put in to be difficult rather than put in to match the song. The drummer reminds me of the drummer from Chuck E Cheese (however, that does not stop me from emulating him while playing Rock Band). The songs, however, I do like in the third installment... if only they were executed better. Oh, and the wireless guitar for the 360 is lovely.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008

I can't stand that Guitar Hero 3 spends so much time insulting you and talking crap about your guitar skills. That seems to entirely miss the point of the series, which is to make you feel like you're badass. If I want to be told that my guitar playing is crap, I can be told that from a guitar instructor. If I want to be told that I'm a true rock god, even though I've only just completed the first song ever on easy, I'll play Guitar Hero. The damn rock god simulator shouldn't be telling me that I am poor.

Also, wholly unrelated, I found it kind of amusing to hear Slash say in an interview that he couldn't beat himself (in boss form) in GH3.
  • edited February 2008
    After seeing Rock Band, I don't think I could ever go back to GH. But that price tag.. yeesh. Not to mention the nickel-and-diming DLC.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    nickel and diming? you dont need to buy any of the downloadable songs -- the game comes with a pretty complete roster! Also, GHIII has similarly priced DLC, doesn't it?
  • edited February 2008
    I don't NEED to buy the songs, but with greatness like "Still Alive" and the NIN pack coming, how could I not? :p And if they released a Manson pack, I'd just give them my wallet to do with as they see fit :D

And yeah, GH has a similar DLC price, but I'm not complaining about RB, I'm complaining about the MS Point system in general. It's all too easy to go through surprising amounts of money without even realising it. (Which is their intention, of course)

But it's all moot, since It'll be a good while before I can plunk down the cash for RB anyway. My main monetary focus at the moment is a guitar. (of the string variety)
  • edited February 2008
    GH3 DLC is more infrequent and more expensive than Rock Band DLC :( GH3 songs come out to something like $2.50 per song, which isn't horrible (if you compare you get one song on iTunes for 99 cents) but Rock Band's come to something like $1.50 or so, which actually ends up making you buy more songs because they are so cheap and you think "hey this song is cool I'm totally buying it" instead of "okay I am only going to pick songs that are totally awesome because they are kind of pricey"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.