So swearing is back in PN2 :)

In PN2 unlocks trailer, Sam says "What the hell queen?"

Or something like that.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    If it's appropriate for the character, then it works. That's how it was for PN1.
  • edited April 2013
    If it's appropriate for the character, then it works. That's how it was for PN1.

Hehe, it is just unusual to hear Sam swearing like that.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I think that was Ash cursing. Both Ash and Sam talk at the same time so I can't tell.
  • edited April 2013
    I think that was Ash cursing. Both Ash and Sam talk at the same time so I can't tell.

That was Sam, definitely.
  • edited April 2013

I have no clue what Sam said, but to me it sounded like one of his usual "Great (insert long-winded non-sequitur here)" exclamations. Only shorter than usual.
  • edited April 2013
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    I have no clue what Sam said, but to me it sounded like one of his usual "Great (insert long-winded non-sequitur here)" exclamations. Only shorter than usual.

I heard "Great Fountains of Wayne!" Maybe it's just me, though.
  • edited April 2013
    I heard "Great Fountains of Wayne!" Maybe it's just me, though.

Sounds plausible, I've heard more obscure references from Telltale.
  • edited April 2013
    He definitely said "Halloween".
  • edited April 2013
    Clord wrote: »
    Hehe, it is just unusual to hear Sam swearing like that.
    It actually seems to be a running gag in the Telltale games to make Sam swear or say something that is otherwise uncharacteristically "crude" every once in a great while (and have him say it with a completely straight face).

My favorite example of this is probably this exchange in They Stole Max's Brain!:

Sammun-Mak: What is a "laser light show?"

Sam: Now, it's been a while, so my memory may be a little fuzzy... but I'm pretty sure they're bitchin'.
  • edited April 2013
    Weird thing, I used to pass by Fountains of Wayne (the store) in Wayne, NJ, way before I heard of the band.
  • edited April 2013
    I remember Sam asking, "What the hell are you talking about?" in Hit the Road.
  • edited April 2013
    Why is "hell" considered a curse anyway? Don't "good" Christians say it all the time? As in "You'll go to hell for that!"...
  • edited April 2013
    No idea, but it's just been considered a minor swear. FFS. lol
  • edited April 2013
    Why is "hell" considered a curse anyway? Don't "good" Christians say it all the time? As in "You'll go to hell for that!"...

It is a matter of context. "What the hell" can be considered cursing.
  • edited April 2013
    pn1 had a swear on or off option i assume it's back ?
  • edited April 2013
    pn1 had a swear on or off option i assume it's back ?

I think it won't have a bleeping option, due to the fact that the game was rated mature.
  • edited April 2013
    furrykef wrote: »
    It actually seems to be a running gag in the Telltale games to make Sam swear or say something that is otherwise uncharacteristically "crude" every once in a great while (and have him say it with a completely straight face).

I think that's just Sam in general, but I definitely agree Telltale does it the best. They have the perfect voice actor for lines like that.

I always loved the exchange that goes along the lines of:

"I like Sal. I hope he isn't swept up in the swirling path of destruction that follows us around like an awestruck teenager."

"What the hell are you talking about?"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.