Did anyone else notice this from the unlock trailer?

Some of the achievements that flashed across the screen:

* Come in 3rd or Better at Life
* Take Two Aspirin and Call Me In The Morning.
* Buy drinks for three players in one tourney.
* Win a pot when 2 or more opponents are in love.
* Deploy Withering Sarcasm.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    BrianBoyko wrote: »
    Some of the achievements that flashed across the screen:

* Come in 3rd or Better at Life
    * Take Two Aspirin and Call Me In The Morning.
    * Buy drinks for three players in one tourney.
    * Win a pot when 2 or more opponents are in love.
    * Deploy Withering Sarcasm.

Some of these are implied to be fake.

Although, who knows if that "buy drinks" one is actually in the game? Mad Moxxi is bartending and brings Ash a drink over, so it's always possible.
  • edited April 2013
    Did any else notice that there was a small section of footage that showed ClapTrap buying in with his VGA? I just found that funny...
  • edited April 2013
    I noticed that Sam buys in with his banjo!!
  • edited April 2013
    Come in 3rd or Better at Life: Obviously fake.
    Take Two Aspirin and Call Me In The Morning: Possibly fake-maybe you can get drunk as well? (leading to a hangover. Thanks, Jennifer!)
    Buy drinks for three players in one tourney: Confirmed, you can buy drinks for other players to get them drunk and see their tells. Hopefully drinks aren't too expensive...
    Win a pot when 2 or more opponents are in love: Possible, since Claptrap is already attached to GLadOS, and Brock/Ash might have a thing for Moxxi?
    Deploy Withering Sarcasm: You can't even talk! Fake.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Take Two Aspirin and Call Me In The Morning: Really, REALLY fake.
    I'm not sure about that being fake, since we know you can get the players in the game drunk (which would lead to a hangover, which would make the quote make sense). Maybe it's possible to get you (The Player) drunk as well? That could certainly be fun. :D
  • edited April 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that being fake, since we know you can get the players in the game drunk (which would lead to a hangover, which would make the quote make sense). Maybe it's possible to get you (The Player) drunk as well? That could certainly be fun. :D

Edited it, but I doubt it. What would be the point of making yourself drunk?

If I wanted to be drunk, I'd be drunk in real life-

Wait:

The Player (you in the inventory) + You (in real life) + drunk = Paradox.
  • edited April 2013
    I just realized something from the screenshots. GLaDoS seems really close to Ash... perhaps their mutual bond of killing things that piss them off will lead to a silly little love-triangle? Because THAT'D be an interesting ship.
  • edited April 2013
    I just realized something from the screenshots. GLaDoS seems really close to Ash... perhaps their mutual bond of killing things that piss them off will lead to a silly little love-triangle? Because THAT'D be an interesting ship.

Fangirl Delivery- if it fits, it ships.
  • edited April 2013

But that describes practically everyone at the table (sans Claptrap).
  • edited April 2013
    Zaka51 wrote: »
    But that describes practically everyone at the table (sans Claptrap).

Well Claptrap gets killed because he pisses everyone off.
    It's a match made in heaven.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.