edited February 2008 in General Chat
What the heck is this?
jfde0z.png359g4lg.png

I demand satisfaction!:D

Comments

• edited February 2008
    New sketchbook?/Grickle?
  • edited February 2008
    If it is a new Sam & Max sketchbook, why is it not there when Steve is signing stuff? Deduction: It's probably not Sam & Max related. Of course, it could have simply sold out by the time Steve showed up for the signing.

wondercon08-5.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    If it was a new product made by Telltale we would have announced it, or mentioned it. Maybe we should say that a few more times around here. We announce our damn products.

It's Fox Bunny Funny, a graphic novel by Andy Hartzell, one of our designers. I haven't read it yet, but everyone says it's cool.
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    If it was a new product made by Telltale we would have announced it, or mentioned it. Maybe we should say that a few more times around here. We announce our damn products.
    Blog wrote:
    We had a wide assortment of merchandise at the booth, including Surfin' the Highway, a display copy of the Animated Series DVD, and a few brand new items coming soon to the Telltale store.

So these other brand new items that were available at the Con have already been announced?
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »

From reading the blog post, there was a hint that there will be some new (as yet unannounced) merchandise in the store soon, and that it was for sale at WonderCon. I figured that maybe I'd see some of it in the photos. I was wrong.
    Sorry I asked.
    edited February 2008
    Ah, well maybe we'll be carrying that in the store? I have no idea. I assumed that was in reference to being able to see the DVD set, but I guess that was announced already. A mystery. You might be onto a secret product after all!
  • edited February 2008
    wondercon08-3.jpg

Is this lovely item among the unannounced merchandise or was it only Wondercon-exclusive?
  • edited February 2008
    Looks like stickers or little fliers or something. If it's stickers it might just be the one that comes with the Freelance Police animated series DVD.
  • edited February 2008
    It is actually a magnet.
    edited February 2008
    Those flaming max head magnets are actually the second half of the Ted E Bear magnets from the Season One Case Files. The pre-fab size the magnet manufacturers could print on way way bigger than the magnet we needed for the case file, so we stuck a flaming max head in the empty space, and cut them off to give away as free crap at trade show booths.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    In addition to the Sam & Max animated series DVD (which will become available on March 11), there were a couple of other pieces of merch at the booth that will eventually be in the store. One is Fox Bunny Funny, but we first have to buy some wholesale (the ones we had at the show were the author's personal copies), and the other is Graham Annable's Space Wolf t-shirt (seen here stylishly modeled by Jack Black!) The Space Wolf shirts arrived at our office literally the day before WonderCon and have not been set up in our online store yet, but it will be.

(Also, for those who care about the way our marketing brains work, we've found that people are more likely to buy new merchandise if it's released at the same time as a game, so we tend to group things together and add them to the store strategically rather than just throwing them into the store whenever. That's why we don't always make stuff available the second we have it.)
  • edited February 2008
    When will the DVD be available for pre-order, Emily?
  • edited February 2008
    Great news regarding the tv episodes getting boxed up, cheers to that. Also is there an offical wondercon sites where all the pics are?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    When will the DVD be available for pre-order, Emily?

It won't. You'll be able to buy it starting March 11.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    It is actually a magnet.

If it were a magnet, could it do THIS!? Oh wait.

img5857gb2.jpg
  • edited February 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    It won't. You'll be able to buy it starting March 11.

Alright. I'm just so desperate to place my order. :D
  • edited February 2008
    iam gunna download the whole episode of games!,

sam and max: games that is!,

telltale is a service, offering, watchable sam n max vidz, downloading downloadable, sam and max games 2 your hard drive or cpu!,

yep!,
    or buying pcgames 4 free!,
    yay!*,
    i just need: about:, 1000_ sam and max games 2 complete my collectionz!*,
    bye!*,
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited February 2008

telltale is a service, offering, watchable sam n max vidz, downloading downloadable, sam and max games 2 your hard drive or cpu!,

yep!,
    yay!*,
    bye!*,

...Uhhhhh.....?
  • edited February 2008
    And Hmmmmmm.....

yep!,
    yay!*,
    bye!*,
  • edited February 2008

yep!,
    yay!*,
    bye!*,

durr...
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Durr... Indeed!
  • edited February 2008

yep!,
    yay!*,
    bye!*,
    The English here is so broken that I'm 95% certain it was created by a spambot. I mean, it's one thing if you make mistakes because English is a second language, but this is like you're not even trying. I mean, this is ridiculous. I've long been rather glad that Telltale's forums are generally safe from these kinds of things, but I guess the idiots get through sometimes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.