Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs - Now available!

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Maratanos wrote: »
    EDIT: There's an IGN review up. It's almost spoiler-free but it spoils
    the time travel
    and (I think accidentally)
    the identity of T-H-E-M

Do you have a link to that? I can't find it on IGN's site. Maybe they took it down to get rid of the spoiler?
  • edited March 2008
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/859/859076p1.html

They always add the news stories and reviews and stuff to their site before they link them to the game card. Dunno why.
  • edited March 2008
    i saw the IGN review headline mentioning it was one of the best and most challenging episodes yet. although staying away from the actual reviews, statements like that get me very excited
  • edited March 2008
    The
    time travel
    was only briefly mentioned in the IGN review, but all that they said about
    T-H-E-M
    was something about a
    musical number
    and a
    birthday curse
    . Those aren't huge enough spoilers to fully ruin the game. I still don't know exactly what went on with Bosco. It's just about a dozen hours now anyway.
  • edited March 2008
    No, but the combination of
    music
    and
    birthday
    means anyone who's played any other episode in season 2 will immediately know exactly what T-H-E-Y are.
  • edited March 2008
    I just spoiled it for myself. Ouch!
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    are we there yet?
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    how about now? are we there yet now?
  • RazRaz
    edited March 2008
    or now?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    You're awesome! The game is probably at least twelve hours away from release. It's still Thursday March 13th, at 9:30 in the evening (21:30) where Telltale's offices are located. Most people are at home enjoying their lives! We'll of course all be here tomorrow morning -- release day -- to launch the episode first thing.
  • edited March 2008
    first thing? promised? the last episodes were usually put up around your lunch break..if i'm not mistaken. anyway, from that review emily posted, it is supposed to be the best game ever..:D..one should be able to wait a few hours for a pleasure of such intensity..
  • edited March 2008
    Hold on, guys! The wait is worth. :)
    I've already played the review copy and I must say this episode is the one which really manages to grasp the inner deep delirium of Steve Purcell. :D
    I couldn't even understand clearly what was going on until I reached the half of it! :eek:
    It's also one of the most difficult episodes to review, I've sweat to avoid spoilers!!!
    I have only one complaint:
    I don't understand why the past-Sam asks the future-Sam about moon travel. If the past-Sam comes from 102, he still doesn't know about Hugh Bliss' devilish plan. Isn't that a continuity mistake?

I don't think it's a 5/5 stars game, but I understand where AG's Evan is coming from, because this whole season really feels different from anything that's out there. I'll post a digest/global review once the season has wrapped, when I'll recover the strength to translate the stuff into English. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Well, I've ordered Smash Bros and am waiting for it to come in the post, and now I'm also waiting for Sam and Max to be released.
    Either one coming would make me very happy ^_^;;

*Keeps running between his computer and the letterbox*
  • edited March 2008
    I can't wait for the e-mail saying I can download my copy. I've had a bad last few days, and Sam & Max could be the thing to get me out of this slump.
  • UrdUrd
    edited March 2008
    I Actually have to say that i am Annoyed by tge time difference I (we) have to encounter during our wait.
    Here where i Sit its Lunch-break Time, and TTG-Peapole may be asleep, since is 4am ^^
  • edited March 2008
    waiting waititng waiting for 204
  • edited March 2008
    Are we nearly there yet? :D
  • edited March 2008
    It's 5:30 am, so no.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Well, given that there's quite often been some small bugs that has to be resolved on the first day and you'll have to redownload the entire thing, I'll probably wait until tomorrow (saturday) before getting it. Less traffic as well. :)
  • FloFlo
    edited March 2008
    mre wrote:
    Well, given that there's quite often been some small bugs that has to be resolved on the first day and you'll have to redownload the entire thing, I'll probably wait until tomorrow (saturday) before getting it. Less traffic as well.
    Aside from Gametap's beta release of 202 and the re-release of Season 1 a year after the original release, I don't think I've ever had to re-download anything, or even updates being offered at all?
  • edited March 2008
    That was posted with a bit of tongue in cheek. Fully aware that it'll probably be early evening here in the UK before I get my mits on it.

As for waiting until Saturday... No chance! ;)

Historically I've been able to pull the files down at a pretty decent speed so traffic's not my greatest concern.
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    It's 5:30 am, so no.
    I feel a strange sense of dejavu...last month you posted something similar at a comparable time. And again I wonder, if you are still up or already..
  • edited March 2008
    See you at five. :)
  • edited March 2008
    Heck, it's already rolled over into Saturday here down in Adelaide (just), and I still don't expect the 204 email for several more hours (if I'm lucky it'll be in my inbox when I wake up).

For those of you that care (i.e. probably no-one) it's damn hot here - we're in a heat wave, 12 days so far above 35 Celcius, with about another 6 on the way. It's rather distressing, but at least we have the Adelaide Fringe to keep us distracted :)
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    bpullen wrote: »
    That was posted with a bit of tongue in cheek. Fully aware that it'll probably be early evening here in the UK before I get my mits on it.

As for waiting until Saturday... No chance! ;)

Historically I've been able to pull the files down at a pretty decent speed so traffic's not my greatest concern.

Also, I might have plans for the evening, which could also have something to do with the fact that this months release day F5 mash has been cancelled. Don't tell anyone. ;)
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    I feel a strange sense of dejavu...last month you posted something similar at a comparable time. And again I wonder, if you are still up or already..

I'm always up early on launch days. It's the way of things :)
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    For those of you that care (i.e. probably no-one) it's damn hot here - we're in a heat wave, 12 days so far above 35 Celcius, with about another 6 on the way. It's rather distressing, but at least we have the Adelaide Fringe to keep us distracted :)

so I've heard, sucks to be you.
    damn time zones, i probably wont be having a good play of 204 until sunday evening. damn busy weekend.
  • UrdUrd
    edited March 2008
    Poor Aussies, you are even more a victim of the time difference. ^^

but to come to think of it i would be there if i couls, the waher here is friggin' cold and I have nothing better to do then wait till 204 comes out.

go ttg, go, I am boooooored. ;)
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    For those of you that care (i.e. probably no-one) it's damn hot here - we're in a heat wave, 12 days so far above 35 Celcius, with about another 6 on the way.

It's basically been the same here in Melbourne. :(

Anyway, it's 2:41 AM now, and I'll be stuck with my friends for most of tomorrow...so I guess that I'll just pull an all-nighter and wait a few more hours for it.
    It better be worth it. :P (Episode 203 certainly was!)
  • edited March 2008
    Are we there yet?

Holy...! I didn't know that this was my first posts on the forums!
  • edited March 2008
    Gahhh. Site down, site down!
  • edited March 2008
    miquelfire wrote: »
    Are we there yet?

Holy...! I didn't know that this was my first posts on the forums!

No! No we are not yet there! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Aaaaany miiiinute nooooow... *waits*
  • edited March 2008
    yup, should be there any minute...gotta hurry home.
  • edited March 2008
    Flo wrote: »
    Aside from Gametap's beta release of 202 and the re-release of Season 1 a year after the original release, I don't think I've ever had to re-download anything, or even updates being offered at all?

I remember that....it was like dejavu to me from actually playing that release (I'm a Gametap Beta tester...) months ago. It was very ironic hearing all the issues people were having, similar to what I saw from that previous experience.
  • edited March 2008
    The game's up! Start your downloading!

http://www.telltalegames.com/download/chariotsofthedogs
  • edited March 2008
    woooooo!

downloaded and installing................
  • edited March 2008
    Huzzah! Can't download quickly enough. >.>
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    The game's up! Start your downloading!

http://www.telltalegames.com/download/chariotsofthedogs

That was fast! Makes the Apple Store's downtime seem like eons....
  • edited March 2008
    We don't have to wait for a keynote to end to bring the site back up ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.