The Poker Night 2 Waiting Thread

It's been a while since we've had good old fashioned Waiting thread, hasn't it?

Just post stuff here while you're waiting and watch the chaos unfold.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Man, 26th is gonna be a busy day for me.

AKA, i'm gonna be playing a poker video game despite not even knowing how to play it.

Can't wait!
  • edited April 2013
    Did anyone else get a Poker Night 1 update tonight? I wonder why it updated. Something to do with PN2?
  • edited April 2013
    Did anyone else get a Poker Night 1 update tonight? I wonder why it updated. Something to do with PN2?

I sure did get an update, a whopping 96 MB's worth or so. Who knows what it's for!
  • edited April 2013
    ^^ I've got to check it out I guess...
  • edited April 2013
    I recommend you guys check out some Venture Bros episodes while you wait.

Check em' out!

So, yeah. I recommend skipping some Season 1 episodes, but the rest are all excellent.

I'm pretty sure I got a Poker Night 1 update as well. No patch notes, though.
  • edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    I sure did get an update, a whopping 96 MB's worth or so. Who knows what it's for!

Damn! With an update like that, I'd hope it's more than just a few tables and decks.
  • edited April 2013
    Damn! With an update like that, I'd hope it's more than just a few tables and decks.

Funny enough, no patch notes.

I tried checking out the soundfiles by using the Telltale Speech Extractor, but that got me nowhere.
  • edited April 2013
    Tried looking into the game itself. Maybe I haven't looked enough, but...
  • edited April 2013
    ... I am seeing lines I have never heard before.

Examples:

1. Heavy wins tournament. Makes a little dance and says he's best poker in the world and killer.

2. Tycho :describes: Tetris attack to Heavy. Heavy admits he would like to play it.

3. Heavy: "but, don't you ultimately lose because you're so tiny?"
  • edited April 2013
    I think that was what was improved, a number of fixes to what dialogue plays when so the game doesn't constantly recycle a few lines and ignore a great portion of its dialogue bank.

I've also noticed animations I hadn't seen before, such as a couple of not-actually-new-but-new-to-me tells.
  • edited April 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    ... I am seeing lines I have never heard before.

Examples:

1. Heavy wins tournament. Makes a little dance and says he's best poker in the world and killer.

2. Tycho :describes: Tetris attack to Heavy. Heavy admits he would like to play it.

3. Heavy: "but, don't you ultimately lose because you're so tiny?"

I know the tetris attack one was definitely n there before. Not sure if the other ones were or not.

edit: I know I have seen the Max quote in that screen you posted as well.
  • edited April 2013
    Steam Community discussion seems to think it was just an update of the DirectX used for the game. Though some claim that when they attempt to launch it they just get high volume, low quality audio ads that persist until they close Steam and the game itself won't launch. But it only seems to "affect" a minor set of people.
  • edited April 2013
    Hmm... I know it may be a bit of a shot in the dark, what with Matt Chapman being busy and I don't know about Mike, but I'd like to see Strong Bad trying to hit on Moxxi while ordering a Cold One.
  • edited April 2013
    I went back to playing Poker Night 1's Hard mode (for practice in Poker Night 2), and oh by gosh by golly, it really is HARD. Poker Night 2's going to be a worse challenge than I thought.

As long as you're careful and watch tells, you should be fine, but really, do NOT fight battles when any character makes heavy bets, as you're basically leading yourself to doom. Only if your cards are in a straight or are in a pair, and you have to at least see the first three cards. Be aggressive, and bluff when you can.

The main strategy for the characters revealed so far is this:

Brock: Let him win a few hands, and then start the aggression on him.
    Claptrap: Wait until he starts a conversation with GLadOS.
    Ash: N/A
    Sam: His strategy might change when he pulls out his revolver or talks to Max, so just pay attention to what he does after he does those actions.

Godspeed, folks!
  • edited April 2013
    So, when exactly does the X360 usually update with new releases in the Arcade? I ask so that I know when to start avoiding youtube and message boards for spoilery stuff.
  • edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    So, when exactly does the X360 usually update with new releases in the Arcade? I ask so that I know when to start avoiding youtube and message boards for spoilery stuff.

Seems like it got already released.
  • ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    It's out on Xbox right now. :-)
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    ArthurV wrote: »

Damn you all, corporate vermin! CURSES!
  • edited April 2013
    ArthurV wrote: »

Stand back Demon! You shall not make me waver and buy a console for that game! ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Save that smiley for the rest of us in PC land too! And, uh, the PS3 guys over there I guess.

Still, hey, Poker Night 2's out somewhere, that's cool.
  • edited April 2013
    The achievements are up on Steam. Is this new or have I just been blind? It's nice to see that the luck based achievements from Poker Night 1 are gone (eg, getting a straight flush). Then again, there's an achievement for having a balance of 1 million dollars. If it works the same as PN1, there's not going to be many people getting that one.
  • edited April 2013
    It had to been added in the last few days. But the achievements had been known since Sunday or Monday at least due to XBox360Achievements/someone linking it on this forum somewhere.
  • edited April 2013
    I hope this game is as easy to reset as the original - it was nice to be able to play a year or so later and climb the ranks and win the unlockables all over again.
  • edited April 2013
    Goody! I get to install it now!
  • edited April 2013
    It's on, babe.
    It's on.
  • edited April 2013
    Sorry, Sony guys, we have nothing against you, but us PC folks are gonna go in and have us a good time next. But there'll be a seat for you on the 30th!
  • edited April 2013
    Giving my thought so far,the game has much funny dialogue but its a bit too hard in my opinion it just seems too often that the computer players just get lucky cards most of the time.
  • edited April 2013
    Thank you so much Telltale Team! This game is so much fun! :)
  • edited April 2013
    I'm still waiting, because until Telltale offers a solution to the fact that my game is crashing (and it's because I have an Intel integrated, so maybe I won't be able to run it at all), I'm stuck till I can buy the console version.
  • edited April 2013
    60% download right now. My internet is horribad, so I expect it to be done in about an hour.
  • edited April 2013
    Holy guacamole, this game is awesome.

Spoiler-warning, I guess. It's a great moment.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.