Lee (The Walking Dead) in Poker Night 2?

Would it be possible to have Lee playable in this game?

It would be so awesome to see and play as him again.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I'm sure you would.
  • edited April 2013
    If he was, they'd have announced it by now.
  • edited April 2013
    He is one of the Zombies now. And he has a big hole in his head. Stop it already.
  • edited April 2013
    I'd play poker with a zombie. They'd make very interesting opponents, all things considered.
  • edited April 2013
    Plus, Lee just doesn't fit in a world with all those wacky and funny characters. He's not intended to be comedic, and comedy is a part of Poker Night 2.

I really wish people who want Lee for this game would realize that.
  • edited April 2013
    It'd be cool to see him having a drink at the bar with Kenny.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah, I can see Lee having a cameo, like Sam, Monty, and Pom-Pom did in the first one.
  • edited April 2013
    Guys!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

I am the one with the cage in hand and you all are the shopkeeper.
    And Lee is the parrot.
  • edited April 2013
    ....hmmm Zombie Lee and Ash a broomstick welding person who kills zombies, nope can't find any problems :/
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    He is one of the Zombies now. And he has a big hole in his head. Stop it already.

You do realize the Inventory is supposed to be a place where characters go when they're NOT in their game, right?
  • edited April 2013
    You do realize the Inventory is supposed to be a place where characters go when they're NOT in their game, right?

Lee cannot go anywhere. He's passed on.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    I've seen at least one dead character from The Walking Dead in the intro.
  • edited April 2013
    Actually, this begs the question out of curiosity. Obviously you guys work closely with the IP holders/creators for how the characters playing handle themselves and speak and such. Is there similar dialogue with IP holders/creators for those who are just making brief cameo appearances?
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Really? A DEAD character? Gee that narrows it down a ton :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    I'd play poker with a zombie. They'd make very interesting opponents, all things considered.

As Brock says, they'll eat you alive ;) tiddyboom !
    Plus, Lee just doesn't fit in a world with all those wacky and funny characters. He's not intended to be comedic, and comedy is a part of Poker Night 2.

I really wish people who want Lee for this game would realize that.

cough didn't stop
    doug
    showing up
    puzzlebox wrote: »

well ACTUALLY there's two...
    the second guy was a 'bandit'
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Really? A DEAD character? Gee that narrows it down a ton :rolleyes:

yeah it does ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Phil_TWD wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have Lee playable in this game?

It would be so awesome to see and play as him again.

You can't play as the characters, you play against them. Anyway, he isn't in the game.
  • edited April 2013
    Nor should he be because, frankly, Lee's not that funny. The game is supposed to be a bunch of crazy, over-the-top characters interacting. Lee's just...a normal guy.
  • edited April 2013
    cough didn't stop
    doug
    showing up

There's a difference. The whole question of the thread was to ask if Lee was going to be playable. As in, have any voice lines, or maybe be one of the poker players.
    Doug
    just had a cameo, he passed by and was never seen again. It's not like he said anything, he just..shown up. Nothing wrong with that.

Additional reasons for him showing up, is because he's based off a person from Telltale.
  • edited April 2013
    Nor should he be because, frankly, Lee's not that funny. The game is supposed to be a bunch of crazy, over-the-top characters interacting. Lee's just...a normal guy.

Either I'm an over-the-top character myself, or Tycho was just a normal guy.
  • edited April 2013
    Tycho was an arrogant, douchy nerd stereotype with a bestiality fetish.
  • edited April 2013
    and Lee's a boring, tired dullard with decisiveness issues.

Everybody has traits.
  • edited April 2013
    But the important thing is, are the traits interesting enough to create fun banter from?
  • edited April 2013
    Raelser wrote: »
    But the important thing is, are the traits interesting enough to create fun banter from?

That's different than saying "crazy, over-the-top". I don't even want Lee in the game, my only point was that you don't have to be crazy to be a good character in Poker.
  • edited April 2013
    I think of the inventory as a paranormal place that doesn't follow the rules of life, death, or time... Winslow was in the last one.. By all rights he should have been dead hundreds of years prior..

Lol at us talking about the a poker game potential canon and non-canon material
  • edited April 2013
    The games break the forth wall. I felt that this was the characters, like actors, off-the-clock. So even if a game, comic, movie was set in the dawn of creation and it still only came out a few years ago, the character would still be recent.

That being said, they could put Lee or Kenny in one and just go total Mel Gibson/Michael Richards with the "actor" in Poker. Just because they "act" one way, doesn't mean they "are" that way.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think of the inventory as a paranormal place that doesn't follow the rules of life, death, or time... Winslow was in the last one.. By all rights he should have been dead hundreds of years prior..
    Funny you should say that. :)
    Max implies the same thing in the game during a piece of dialog when he refers to the location of The Inventory in Poker Night 2.

Also, Winslow's in the sequel too (and he properly addresses himself as Reginald Van Winslow in this one and he's listed as Winslow in the credits). He's also referred to as a pirate by Ash (IIRC), which was great to hear. I don't know how Telltale managed to get the rights to use the character's full name and background from Disney, since it seemed they called him The Host because of legal reasons last time (of course I don't know what their contract with LucasArts was to make Tales of Monkey Island either, so it could be they always had the full rights to use him).
  • edited April 2013
    But Tycho did show signs of being crazy in a man-childish way, but I know what you mean though, especially in comparison to the other characters. He generally was the straight man, which works wonders with nuttier characters.

They could also, in theory, go the other way and exaggerate amusing or notable character traits for the sake of comedy, but that can easily rub people the wrong way when it's done badly.
  • edited April 2013
    Max rubbed me the wrong way in the first game. Favourite character, so obviously there's going to be a protective aura around anything done with him, but I felt he was just a bit too childish at times. While in S&M, Max did things that were comical, in Poker, it seemed he was trying to be comical.
  • edited April 2013
    There's a difference. The whole question of the thread was to ask if Lee was going to be playable. As in, have any voice lines, or maybe be one of the poker players.
    Doug
    just had a cameo, he passed by and was never seen again. It's not like he said anything, he just..shown up. Nothing wrong with that.

Additional reasons for him showing up, is because he's based off a person from Telltale.

did i say i have a problem ? Noooooooooo
Sign in to comment in this discussion.