XBox Cheat; Impossible to lose

This works on every hand except the 1st hand. If you try it on your first hand, you'll lose $20k from your bank.

The game saves after every hand; If you're losing a hand you can quit to the dashboard and restart. You'll lose no money and be able to replay the hand.

I'm guessing this is how there were already people with $1 million+ on the leaderboards by 3pm the day it was released.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    This works on every hand except the 1st hand. If you try it on your first hand, you'll lose $20k from your bank.

The game saves after every hand; If you're losing a hand you can quit to the dashboard and restart. You'll lose no money and be able to replay the hand.

I'm guessing this is how there were already people with $1 million+ on the leaderboards by 3pm the day it was released.

Possible, but the truth is, $1M+ on the leaderboard isn't that hard to do. I was only playing for two hours last night and I was up +$240k. Would be +$320k, but Ash hit a one-outer on me on the river in Omaha.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like a chore.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, we allowed that in the first game too. We just decided it was better to allow players to resume their games than worry about people goosing their leaderboard scores. Plus, as BrianBoyko pointed out, the game isn't THAT hard to beat straight up. And its a lot more fun to do it that way!
  • ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    It's basically a variant on save scumming (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SaveScumming). You can do this in most PC games. Fans of 100% ghost runs in stealth games know this trick all too well.
  • edited April 2013
    This has been very informative to me, never knew it was possible in the first.
  • edited April 2013
    I must be a glutton for punishment, because I got ALL of the crap from the first game the legitimate method.
  • edited April 2013
    If you have any decent poker skill, playing out bad games is faster. You can always go all-in on 8 high.
  • edited April 2013
    Honestly I find it more fun to play the game straight up without doing the constant save stating. I will admit that I did do that in the first game on the TF2 items, simply because I wanted those out of the way ASAP. Probably will do the same here and just fail the fun way :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.