What IS That?!

So, in the intro, just before Brock shows up, there's a weird figure that peeks through the doorway at you. What is that? Where is it from?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Got any pictures of it? I mean, we got a cameo of the chick from BttF games before they were announced, maybe it's similar?
  • edited April 2013
    According to the TVTropes page, it's a waiter from a game called "Gravity Bone".

Here's a picture of him in the intro (I can get a better cap, but this is part of him).
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    According to the TVTropes page, it's a waiter from a game called "Gravity Bone".

Yup, that's who it is. Jake knows the creator from Idle Thumbs and worked him in. You should check it out, that and 30 Flights of Loving. Interesting stuff!
  • edited April 2013
    What I would like to know is who those enormous apes at the beginning were; never seen them before; oh and that masked guy Brock stabbed. For some reason I wanna say it's a Counter-Strike terrorist (but I've never played that either!)

Edit: Sorry, I haven't played The Walking Dead, so I had no idea it was a bandit! Still curious about those Monkeys. Are they from Monkey Island? :p
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    What I would like to know is who those enormous apes at the beginning were; never seen them before; oh and that masked guy Brock stabbed. For some reason I wanna say it's a Counter-Strike terrorist (but I've never played that either!)

Edit: Sorry, I haven't played The Walking Dead, so I had no idea it was a bandit! Still curious about those Monkeys. Are they from Monkey Island? :p
    You mean this?
    6a00d83452033569e20133ece4a705970b-800wi
    That's General Skun-ka'pe from Sam & Max Season 3. You said apes plural, so those could be his henchmen.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    You mean this?
    That's General Skun-ka'pe from Sam & Max Season 3. You said apes plural, so those could be his henchmen.

Im kinda surprised that he fits in that tuxedo of his from the beggining of the game considering he is very big .
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Im kinda surprised that he fits in that tuxedo of his from the beggining of the game considering he is very big .

He has a great tailor.
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    He's also voiced by Roger L. Jackson, who was also in the studio for Winslow :)

Fun Fact: Roger L. Jackson voiced two characters for Telltale who ended up hooking up with mermaids.

Mike "This MEANS Something" Stemmle
  • edited April 2013
    He's also voiced by Roger L. Jackson, who was also in the studio for Winslow :)

Fun Fact: Roger L. Jackson voiced two characters for Telltale who ended up hooking up with mermaids.

Mike "This MEANS Something" Stemmle

What's with the Telltale Games and Mermaids? ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Maybe Dan has a fetish.
  • edited April 2013
    HoboStew wrote: »
    Yup, that's who it is. Jake knows the creator from Idle Thumbs and worked him in. You should check it out, that and 30 Flights of Loving. Interesting stuff!

Cool, thanks!
  • DistrictMayorDistrictMayor Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    The harder question is: what game is he playing behind the door? All you have to go on is the sound effects you can hear...
  • edited April 2013
    I can give you a pretty good guess, District Mayor.

That model is not from Gravity Bone, at least I'm pretty sure not. The only model that wears a bow tie and not a black mask is seen during the wedding party in Thirty Flights of Loving (the part where a lot of people suddenly float high up into the air), though I don't think the hair matches up a hundred percent.

It might be a unique model themed after the Citizen Abel games, but if it's the groom guy, I say there's a bachelor party going on in there and you're not invited.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    You mean this?

OK, thanks; I must admit I've only played Episode 104 thus far (and the only series of TellTale's I've played are SBCG4AP on my Wii back in the Day and Poker Night). Need to do a bit more research.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.