Not enough dialog. Even after short span of gameplay massive repeats

Anyone else? I bought and played barely 1 hour and noticed the huge amounts of repetition in the dialog especially on rattletrap and sam. It really takes out a lot of fun if characters say the exact same dialog over and over again when I barely played 1 hour.

Either they didn't record enough dialog or the algorithm of when to play them is stupid.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I think it also depends on who is still at the table.

There were several times where a conversation would repeat but would actually play out longer because one character or another was at the table when it repeated. It was actually kind of interesting.

Example: There's a conversation
    where Ash and Brock tell Claptrap to respect Sam & Max for saving the world in their odd and weird way
    that only happens when Sam busts out of the game.
  • edited April 2013
    It really just got annoying for me having to hear all the taunts repeated. It really gets annoying after hearing Sam say 'Is that a big hand? I kinda lost track' a lot of times during the game, Claptrap's got annoying as well. I will say busting out parts really can be funny like
    GLaDOs using The Venture teleporter and it screwing up and Max doing stuff to busted out players.
  • edited April 2013
    To me, the single most annoying line, because I've heard it a bazillion times and counting, is GLaDOS's "A smart choice that won't come back and bite you on your ample posterior" or whatever. It was awesome the first time, but do I really have to hear it three hands in a row? (I'm not even kidding.)
  • edited April 2013
    And you can't just skip em like in the first one. 10 hours and 7 of them were painful.
  • edited April 2013
    Although honestly there seems to be less table conversation dialogue, I find that there's actually more dialogue for gameplay responses.

But Poker Night 1 surprised me with new dialogue I've never heard, despite playing it again and again and going through repeats
  • edited April 2013
    Although honestly there seems to be less table conversation dialogue, I find that there's actually more dialogue for gameplay responses.

But Poker Night 1 surprised me with new dialogue I've never heard, despite playing it again and again and going through repeats

Adding the fact that in PN1, they had their conversations in between hands too (any button to continue screen) and yet in PN2 they stay absolutely silent until you click to continue, repeating their dialogue over the course of another hand, delaying the time it takes to get through one even further.
  • edited April 2013
    Some lines are just very common. I still experience a few new lines every day though. The ample posterior one and clap traps dubsteps are by far the most annoying. I could listen to Brock say: "All f***in in." and Sams: "Great day in the morning!" all day.
  • edited April 2013
    Brock's "All f***in' in" is total classic, yeah. lol
  • edited April 2013
    oh clappy's 'really'

brocks ' big mistake jnr/ welcome to the party'

anyone else feel the all in reactions are lame ?
  • edited April 2013
    Not all of them, but they can get annoying when repeated quickly. Sometimes they lead to humorously contradictory moments. For example, Brock said "Biiiiig mistake, junior" to me, then immediately said, "Wooo, nice!" to Ash who also went all in.
  • edited April 2013
    Has anyone used the telltale extractor to see how much dialog is actually in the game? I'd like to know if it is just because of bad luck/the dialog is spaced between themes, or if it is because there isn't as much dialog this time around.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    I believe there's actually way more dialog this time.
  • edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »

So this is simply a case of too many repeats of the simpler conversations, right?

I heard the dubstep joke from Claptrap like, 50 times already.
  • edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »

Hmm. Maybe it is because there is more situational dialoge then this time around. I've actually noticed one conversation change based on how well Brock was doing(The one about his high stakes poker games. If he is doing poorly sam would say he'd be out of fingers by now while if he was doing good, Sam'd say he'd be full of smooches.)
  • edited April 2013
    I heard the dubstep joke from Claptrap like, 50 times already.
    I heard it only once in 10 hours of playtime.
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Hmm. Maybe it is because there is more situational dialoge then this time around. I've actually noticed one conversation change based on how well Brock was doing(The one about his high stakes poker games. If he is doing poorly sam would say he'd be out of fingers by now while if he was doing good, Sam'd say he'd be full of smooches.)

I got both those versions as well.

I also got a conversation that won't make sense if I didn't see the YouTube video of Part 1 of the conversation. After Claptrap lost (really badly) in my last game, Sam
    thanked Brock and Ash for sticking up for him. Brock made the comment that Claptrap was being disrepectful to what the Freelance Police have done for the last 25 years, so it was the least they could do.
  • edited April 2013
    I think it just seems that way. I've gotten a lot of repeated dialogue but also many, many conversations that I've only heard once (such as Claptrap dub stepping and Sam asking Brock about the number of fingers he has). I think Gman is right. Much of the dialogue this time is situational, so you'll hear it rarely. That means you'll hear the general conversations more often.

There are also a lot more four person and three person conversations (I remember PN1 being all one on one conversations) so that's a whole category of dialogue options that gets eliminated every time somebody gets knocked out of the game.

So perhaps it's that there's more total dialogue but less "plays at any time" dialogue and that's why we're hearing repeats so often.
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I heard it only once in 10 hours of playtime.

Same. Looks like it's all just bad luck that we hear the same remarks over and over. There's a few I hear constantly, that weren't mentioned here.
  • edited April 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Same. Looks like it's all just bad luck that we hear the same remarks over and over. There's a few I hear constantly, that weren't mentioned here.

Maybe we play the wrong sets?
  • edited April 2013
    Not all of them, but they can get annoying when repeated quickly. Sometimes they lead to humorously contradictory moments. For example, Brock said "Biiiiig mistake, junior" to me, then immediately said, "Wooo, nice!" to Ash who also went all in.

Yeah Brock's "Pussy says what!?" when I fold, followed by Brock folding literally moments later is always silly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.