Win with 2 players "All In"?

I just got the bounty challenge to win a hand with 2 players "All In". I have been trying for a few hours, and with nothing to show for it. Either I can't get 2 of them to go All In, and when I can, one of them have cards that are better than mine. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Other than luck and/or rituals (lucky item, lucky routines, pagan sacrifice or otherwise) to increase your luck I have no idea.
  • edited April 2013
    xhantari wrote: »
    I just got the bounty challenge to win a hand with 2 players "All In". I have been trying for a few hours, and with nothing to show for it. Either I can't get 2 of them to go All In, and when I can, one of them have cards that are better than mine. Any suggestions?
    Unfortunately this is one where you're just going to have to get lucky.

In the first game you could get victories out of this situation all the time if you manipulated the AI; I once got a victory in the very first hand by getting everyone to go all-in.

But in this game it's a lot harder to get them to go all-in. My suggestion would be to try to manipulate things as you can to keep someone really low in cash--around 10,000 or below--and then wait for them to go all in. Call them and while another person joins, keep playing the hand till you can get the other person to come in. Then it's a matter of how lucky you are with the hand to see if you win or not.
  • edited April 2013
    xhantari wrote: »
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is one where you're just going to have to get lucky.

In the first game you could get victories out of this situation all the time if you manipulated the AI; I once got a victory in the very first hand by getting everyone to go all-in.

But in this game it's a lot harder to get them to go all-in. My suggestion would be to try to manipulate things as you can to keep someone really low in cash--around 10,000 or below--and then wait for them to go all in. Call them and while another person joins, keep playing the hand till you can get the other person to come in. Then it's a matter of how lucky you are with the hand to see if you win or not.

These two posts inspired me. I was happy that someone else was also having trouble defeating this bounty challenge, and "In the first game you could get victories out of this situation all the time if you manipulated the AI; I once got a victory in the very first hand by getting everyone to go all-in." got my curiousity a springing. I started thinking. "How good is the AI? How do they react if I do nothing but go all-in all the time?" And you know what? They folded over and over, until both Brock and Ash went all in too. And I won on my first try with this dumb strategy! Boy oh boy, I was so happy. I can't guarantee success to anybody else, but that's how I got through it, haha. I have to thank this thread for helping me come up with this.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.