Four years have passed...

124»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Have LucasArts even brought out that many games in the last few years? The only thing I can think of is the Lego Star Wars compilation.
    I doubt one or two shops boycotting them would make that much of a difference (if anything, it'd be the shops that are harmed most).
  • edited April 2008
    another problem being most shops are part of a big franchise...they can't just decide to take certain products of the shelves just on their own.
  • edited April 2008
    I don't think StarwarsGamesLucasArts will bow to your tactics.
    But, kudos.
  • edited April 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    I don't think StarwarsGamesLucasArts will bow to your tactics.
    But, kudos.

Well, I won't bow to LucasArts either, so there.

Lucasarts has done so many things that make me suspicious of them, I'm seriously thinking of reporting the company to the FBI. For instance, who cancels a game that people around the world have been anticipating and giving positive reviews? And not only that, who leaves that game cancelled for four years? Also, what company removes all the articles relating to that game from its site, and locks all topics relating to that game on its message boards? And when all the other game companies release their old games, who keeps their old games shelved, promising that they will stay buried until "at least 2015"? And who claims their new games are going to be better than their old games? I mean, seriously, who does all this?

Lucasarts is probably guilty of a whole lot of white-collar crimes lately, more than most other corrupt companies in existence. And yet they think that because they're this company that sells all these Star Wars games, and people like Star Wars, they should get away with it. Trust me, Lucasarts is the Enron of the gaming industry.

I would appreciate it if people who were suspicious of Lucasarts told me whatever it was that company did that made them suspicious. I'm thinking about including those suspicions in the message I'm going to send to the FBI. Don't be afraid, people, this is an open forum!
  • edited April 2008
    Waitohooru wrote: »
    Lucasarts has done so many things that make me suspicious of them, I'm seriously thinking of reporting the company to the FBI.

I have no idea if you're being serious any more, but that's the most I've laughed in ages :D. Kudos.
  • edited April 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I have no idea if you're being serious any more, but that's the most I've laughed in ages :D. Kudos.

No, I'm not joking. I really am that serious. The damage Lucasarts did when they cancelled that game was too severe, and not just to me. And I don't think that company has any intention of ever healing that damage, so I stand by my belief.
  • edited April 2008
    Maybe you should try to to sue them for mental cruelty, or whatever the exact term is...you really seems to have suffered a lot.
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    Maybe you should try to to sue them for mental cruelty, or whatever the exact term is...you really seems to have suffered a lot.

I think the exact term is "emotional damage". But yeah, that seems like a good idea.

I also think everyone else should report Lucasarts to the FBI, so that I don't have to be the only one who actually does this. The crimes that Lucasarts committed could actually be more serious than any of us realize.
  • edited April 2008
    Okay, this is becoming dangerously insane, and I think it's gone far enough. Waitohooru, you need to let the game go, both in the broader sense, and in the more specific sense here on our forums.
This discussion has been closed.