List of tells?

I've seen the Wiki's list of tells and some of them don't seem very reliable in my limited experience. Has anyone on this forum compiled a list of verified tells for each of the characters? If so, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Only tells I know for sure are Sam's.

If Sam tips his hat, he has a good hand.

If he flips a chip, he has a good hand. (Unless it is the kind where Max comments on the pot size saying "Imagine all the hamdingers we can buy with all of that!" (or something like that.)

If he growls when he bets, he has a good hand.

If he slumps on the table he has a bad hand.

Also, he tends to bet/raise high consistently when he has a good hand.

Other than that, the only tells I see that I know the results of are Brock slamming the table (bad hand) and Ash Picking his teeth (usually means he has a bad hand/bluffing). I have seen Brock rubbing the back of his head, but haven't seen it enough to equate what it means.
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    There are tells that indicate bad hands.

There are tells that indicate good hands.

And there are tells that indicate nothing, other than general nervousness.

Mike "Bundle of Nerves" Stemmle
  • edited May 2013
    There are tells that indicate bad hands.

There are tells that indicate good hands.

And there are tells that indicate nothing, other than general nervousness.

Mike "Bundle of Nerves" Stemmle
    And you're not gonna tell us what they are, because that would be... wait for it...

Telling.
  • edited May 2013
    Claptrap's tells are hardest to figure out, naturally. The only one where I know he has a bad hand is when his antenna goes limp. Everything else relies heavily on how he bets. If he has a good hand, he bets small. If he has a bad hand or is bluffing, he bets high once and then folds if you reraise by 150% of what he bet. What tends to throw me off is whenever he reraises or goes All In when there's no need to do it.
  • edited May 2013
    Zeek wrote: »
    Claptrap's tells are hardest to figure out, naturally. The only one where I know he has a bad hand is when his antenna goes limp. Everything else relies heavily on how he bets. If he has a good hand, he bets small. If he has a bad hand or is bluffing, he bets high once and then folds if you reraise by 150% of what he bet. What tends to throw me off is whenever he reraises or goes All In when there's no need to do it.

Ugh. Let me tell you, this one time I was save-scumming in order to try and generate a specific conversation that required everyone to be present. Only every single time I played the hand, he'd go All In and then lose with his crappy or middling cards. And on the off-chance he actually DID win the hand, he'd end up busting out one of the others who called. He had ~$13k at the time, so it's not like he was backed into a corner quite yet, either.

I did this for like an hour until I just got fed up and let him fall into his self-dug grave.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.