The discussion of P.K.2 from Steam reguarding the cpu cheating.

First, the site is below and some of the people really want the creators of the game to read or at least take notice to it so I am reposting the link to the discussion below. Please answer to it as the thread is really getting long and I am afraid that you will lose potential clients for the feeling of lack of support.

The link to the discussion can be found here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/234710/discussions/0/810923021620424293/?tscn=1367914217#p1

Thank you and sorry for that.
Budthewise

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Here are some quotes answers from Telltale employees on the subject.
    Feel free to share them over there.
    Jake wrote: »
    It's not cheating. The game has no motivation to cheat! Why would we write cheating code into a game which is only fun when it's authentic? There's no money on the line, only unlocks which we want you to have. No cheating, I promise.
    Speaking as someone who waded through much more of the poker code than our lead programmer was probably comfortable with, I can say this with a nigh-absolute degree of certainty: The amount of extra work that would be required to make the the game cheat (even a little bit) would've prohibitively annoying.

And like Jake said, cheating would gain us nothing.
    HoboStew wrote: »
    Yeah, there is definitely no cheating, even of the subtle "the computer knows what cards you are holding" variety. Definitely no card rigging after the fact.
    HoboStew wrote: »
    I don't really mind the complaints, but what I don't understand is what possible motivation people think I would have to program the AI to cheat against you. Its not like I WIN anything when they lose. I am not getting updates on every bad beat someone gets, giggling to myself. Its just poker!
  • edited May 2013
    16800-18828.gif
    "Rule 4, no cheating!"
  • edited May 2013
    anyone else thinking these people shouting cheat is a rather sore loser ?

yes it's annoying to have a 'nearly unbeatable hand' but coming so close to victory..

only to be beaten by the one card the one hand that could beat them..

for me it's arare thing depending on how you play and for how long..

but insome ways you can predict it via dialogue and what the ai bets...
  • edited May 2013
    anyone else thinking these people shouting cheat is a rather sore loser ?

tumblr_inline_mmgbwka0MC1qz4rgp.gif
  • edited May 2013
    Dedlok wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mmgbwka0MC1qz4rgp.gif

me like :P

yoink:P
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited May 2013
    Doubt that it's a sore loser thing, people just don't like to feel cheated even if they're wrong about it.

Poker Night can give that sensation sometimes.
  • edited May 2013
    I sucked at first, but overall, my total winnings have been positive for a while. I think if people Googled a few Texas Hold 'em tips and applied it, they would get better.

I had a losing streak lately, but part of it is that stupid "win a standoff with a high card" bounty
  • edited May 2013
    It probably doesn't help that Glados keeps implying she's stacking the deck.
  • edited May 2013
    or the fact that the ai hates you for re raising but usually folds and you win.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.