old pc space game

edited March 2008 in General Chat
I am trying to figure out an old pc game i believe was win 95 or 98. all i can remember is that you flew around space in a ship that had fighters and land drillers you could launch from the ship, you could also fly into the planets atmosphere and mine materials. if anyone can remember its name i would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited March 2008
    An Elite sequel?
  • edited March 2008
    i don't think it was a sequel i believe it was the first in the series, or a stand alone, but i thought you could hyperjump around the galaxy fly right into the planets atmosphere with the your big ship and it was capable of researching new upgrades from the materials that you located with your land based machines. if i remember correctly your pilots for your fighters got better with experience as well and you could switch between the main ship or any of your launched vessles. i believe that you fought different species in other ships but i can't remember. if i am right the main ship resembled the seaquest vessel from the tv show.
  • edited March 2008
    Solar Winds? solarwinds.gif

I've only played a little bit of it, so I don't know if it matches your description outside of a few basic things.
  • edited March 2008
    no it wasn't a joking type game it was serious battles and exploring space for some powerful upgrades. i believe the name had something to do with either the ship, like battlecarrier or something of the like, or with space like orions something or other and its really ticking me off about the brain fart as to why i can't remember it.::mad: i think it had a story line similar to wing commander but you did't just fly the fighter your main ship was the big ship and you could pilot the small fighters. the views you had were of inside the ship, but you could also look from the outside view at different angles of your ship. you could visit different decks with different rooms inside your ship. it was a pretty cool game that seemed kind of advanced for the time at least gameplay wise, since i don't see too many games with that capability now.
  • edited March 2008
    No clue then.

TD24 wrote: »
    no it wasn't a joking type game

Wha? Was there a comedic part of Solar Winds that I wasn't aware of? A dance number, perhaps? :confused:
  • jmmjmm
    edited March 2008
    TD24 wrote: »
    no it wasn't a joking type game it was serious battles and exploring space for some powerful upgrades. i believe the name had something to do with either the ship, like battlecarrier or something of the like, or with space like orions something or other and its really ticking me off about the brain fart as to why i can't remember it.::mad: i think it had a story line similar to wing commander but you did't just fly the fighter your main ship was the big ship and you could pilot the small fighters. the views you had were of inside the ship, but you could also look from the outside view at different angles of your ship. you could visit different decks with different rooms inside your ship. it was a pretty cool game that seemed kind of advanced for the time at least gameplay wise, since i don't see too many games with that capability now.

You could try searching by genre at MobyGames or Home of the Underdogs
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks guys, that helped. i found it on the moby games site, it is battlecruiser 3000 ad. it has the best ever designed gameplay just wish someone would make one up to date. SWEET!!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.