A fun game but one big thing holds it back for me.

First off, my first post since the fallout of TellTale's Jurassic Park game (Which I still think is awesome btw).

I just wanted to comment on Poker Night 2. I never played the first one but when I saw Ash was in this one I had to try it out. I enjoy playing poker but I admit that I was never really good at it. I always seem to forget the different types of hands that you can have. (Thank goodness for the cheat sheet!)

Overall, I think this is a great game. It's affordable, it's fun, and the cast of characters that you play against are funny. I love the Evil Dead series so playing poker with Ash is really cool. The other three characters (Although I'm not as familiar with them) are also great characters and the conversations between them are entertaining to listen too. I also think the option to buy the other players drinks is a cool option too.

The unlockables are neat but few. It still gives you something to work for other than just winning. I also like how if you mix the right pare you get a different background.

However, there is one thing that really holds this game back. It's a problem that I have with not just this game, but all the telltale games I have played. I had the same problem with one of the Sam and Max games. I had the same problem with Back to the Future. The problem was worst in the Jurassic Park game. The problem is that the game lags and freezes often. The lag really takes you out of the experience. It's like watching a scratched up DVD or (if you want to go further back) a messed up VHS tape. Sure, you can still see the movie but if it keeps skipping scenes and messing up the image than you start to get annoyed.

On several occasions I had to actually shut the game off and restart which is not a good thing. I have enjoyed the Telltale games I have played, but this lag and freezing issue is something that has carried on through each game.

I have played all these games on PS3. Is it just a playstation issue?

Anyway, just thought I would share my opinion of the game.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    As far as I have hard, this only happens on playstation. When it saves. I also have it on playstation, and I must admit it is annoying, but nothing I can't live with.

You say your other telltale games also freezes? I haveboth The walking dead and The devils playhouse on ps3, and I don't remember any of those freezing
  • edited May 2013
    I am shamed to say that I have yet to play Walking Dead. But it is on my list and I'll be getting to it soon.

The devils playhouse has frozen on me only once. But it still lagged from time to time. Overall though, it's the game that I had less problems with. For the most part, that one played just fine.

Back to the Future gave me trouble with lag as well.

Jurassic Park was the worst of them all. If I wasn't such a Jurassic Park fan and if the games story wasn't as good as it was, I probably would not have played all the way through.

And then I'm having a freezing and lag problem with Poker Night 2.

Still, I don't think I can stress enough at how much I enjoyed these games. They're a lot of fun. I just wish the lag and freezing problems weren't there. If it wasn't for that they would be perfect for me.
  • edited May 2013
    Whenever I'm having a freeze or lag I just bring down the graphics a few notches.
  • edited May 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    Whenever I'm having a freeze or lag I just bring down the graphics a few notches.

I don't think you can do that for the PS3 version. But your right, on PC that usually works.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.