Sam and Max in europe

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Europeans cant subscribe to gametab, what are our options? sorry if its been asked before!

Comments

• edited August 2006
    It's been said that Telltale will also distribute the episodes, so we can just buy them just like the Bone episodes. :D
  • edited August 2006
    Except with a (possibly substantial) wait, which is something I'm quite anxious to hear details on as soon as possible.
  • edited August 2006
    It's annoying to wait! I really like what Valve did with Steam! I hate Europe being treated like a second rate consumer by many game companies since its so easy to make it worldwide, I cant grasp why Gametap isnt worldwide!
  • edited August 2006
    It does suck that everyone outside of North America has to wait, especially since one of the benefits of online distribution should be worldwide launch. Gametap probably put up some of the money for Sam & Max which is why they get to premiere it, but it's too bad they aren't international yet.

Also, Junkface brings up a good point that we really don't know when the games will come out on Telltale's site. The October release is only confirmed for Gametap users, and for all we know Telltale won't be able to put them up for awhile. I've subscribed to Gametap, so I'm okay, but I do feel for the people who don't wish to subscribe because there are several valid reasons. They might not live in north america. They might want their money to go straight to the developer rather than the publishing partner. I intend to buy the games individually too so I can have them permanently (instead as long as I'm subscribed to Gametap) and as files on my hard drive (instead of streamed off Gametap's server).
  • edited August 2006
    I agree - this is a thing which sucks.
  • edited August 2006
    Hi everyone,

We are still working this out, but there will not be a long delay between the premiere on Gametap and launch on Telltale. I will let you know as soon as this is nailed down.

but our goal is be as unsucky as possible

Dan
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah that wait is gonna kill me.. Dan will there be a demo for the pilot?
  • edited August 2006
    A demo for a two hour game? You could try it for free on Gametap though by signing up and canceling before your two weeks are over.
  • edited August 2006
    I've been waiting since '93, I can wait a few more weeks until the non-gametap release. :)
  • edited August 2006
    Shame! - I'm curious though; if GameTap isn’t available outside North America - Why does there need to be a delay for the other regions? - It's not like it would compete with GameTaps income? (& won’t it encourage Piracy?).

I'm not complaining (too old to worry about getting stuff on it's release date - too slow these days too), just curious.
  • edited August 2006
    Because it's hard to restrict direct download sales on the Internet to specific countries.
  • edited August 2006
    Don't credit card sales generally require a billing address for confirmation? I remember Play.com not letting me order stuff with an Australian credit card.
  • edited August 2006
    Because it's hard to restrict direct download sales on the Internet to specific countries.

I think it's fairly easy - a lot of bigger commercial sites have a generic .com addy which automatically re-direct you to the relevant regional site? - I reckon they didn’t know the source, how could the data packets get from the websites server back to your PC?

& like JunkFace says - How many Americans have credit cards registered outside the country?

I don't want it to appear that I'm throwing a hissy fit over this - It's just a video game after all. I'd guess it may well have just been part of their agreement with GameTap?

Is GameTap cheaper than Steam?

I was just at Introversion’s website and reading about how they did really well selling Darwinia through Steam - Sold more copies in three weeks through steam than they did after nine months of selling from their website apparently? (Hey, I'm at work and bored - gimme a break :) )
  • edited August 2006
    Yeah, and as they said the delay won't be long so I really don't mind.

If Telltale stays true to their words that is. :D
  • edited November 2006
    I bought it here from Germany directly from the Telltale website (not from gametap itself)

It was easy-- just need a credit card (oops well I did use a credit card with an american address) but they take paypal too.

I do hope Gametap will be available here soon
Sign in to comment in this discussion.