Telltale: Add Devil's Playhouse OST to the Humble Bundle

edited June 2013 in Sam & Max
I know this is a last-minute request, as the Telltale bundle expires in about a day, but...

Dear Telltale Games,

Please add the Sam & Max Season 3 Original Soundtrack to the Telltale Humble Bundle.

First of all, the bundle includes Season 3, so why not include the Soundtrack?

Secondly, the bundle already has two soundtracks (Those for Puzzle Agent and Hector) that have, up to this point, never been released, even to those loyal gamers that bothered to preorder those games.

And finally, people have been clamoring for the S&M Season 3 soundtrack for years now. YEARS. After the glorious success the physical releases of the soundtracks for the first two S&M seasons (Which, I might add, are fairly hard to come by these days), why do you continue to hesitate to release this soundtrack, even digitally?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The Sam & Max soundtracks have to be done by Jared Emerson-Johnson (if you'll notice, the songs on the soundtrack CDs have proper beginnings and endings, whereas in the game, they're meant to loop).

That can't be done in a short time, and is likely one of the reasons preventing the soundtrack, as Bay Area Sound is quite busy these days.
  • edited June 2013
    Blast your logic! :(
  • edited June 2013
    Ooooh, I want those soundtracks! -buys-
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Same thing came up when gog.com released TDP. I really believe that should have been the moment for Telltale to say, well all right, here's the good stuff.

It's really obvious that no CD soundtrack will emerge three years after the game is out, and at present, there's some doubt if the physical part of the Telltale store will even survive.
  • edited June 2013
    there's some doubt if the physical part of the Telltale store will even survive.

That much became obvious when they stopped restocking a bunch of their stuff, and then didn't offer their own collector's edition of The Walking Dead. Unfortunately for TTG, that's making other venues like Humble and Steam look much more appealing, and people will be taking their money elsewhere.
  • edited June 2013
    xbskid wrote: »
    That much became obvious when they stopped restocking a bunch of their stuff, and then didn't offer their own collector's edition of The Walking Dead. Unfortunately for TTG, that's making other venues like Humble and Steam look much more appealing, and people will be taking their money elsewhere.

It's not as if they don't get most of that money at the end of the day anyway.
  • edited June 2013
    They can always go with a digital release on itunes or something. i know i have been clamoring add a physical copy to my collection but at this point i will take a digital release.
  • edited June 2013
    alik44 wrote: »
    They can always go with a digital release on itunes or something. i know i have been clamoring add a physical copy to my collection but at this point i will take a digital release.

I agree with the digital release, but not with iTunes; mostly because I would prefer a FLAC copy. They should sell it in their own store, on Bandcamp, and/or via the Humble Store, and let the users decide what format they'd like it in.
  • At least the physical part of the store will survive (I guess) as they offer the free DVD for The Wolf Among Us.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Same thing came up when gog.com released TDP. I really believe that should have been the moment for Telltale to say, well all right, here's th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.