Real Mouse Movement

So I got Back to the Future with the Humble Bundle. I loved the BTTF movies and I loved Sam & Max (vanilla and the telltale ones).

But one thing bothered me right away. The controls are just not good at all. I'm playing on PC and I(as many others surely too) do not wish to use a gamepad. Besides it feels just wrong to play a Point&Click Adventure with a gamepad.

Now my question is can I somehow get rid of that odd way to move with the mouse and get the good old Point&Click back? Like in Sam&Max Season 1.

I never understood why PC-Players are forced to use console controls. And no WASD, as much as I usually like that(for Shooters and such), is not gonna make it any better.

I'd love to like the game, but honestly the controls alone make that quite hard.

So anyone know a way to change the mouse movement or do I have to accept those odd controls?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2013
    All of Telltale's games since Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures have switched away from the point and click controls. Due to the way the games are scripted, it's not possible to do pure point and click (due to the cinematic camera angles). The latter is the same reason the Grim Fandango team opted for keyboard or gamepad movement. If you can't see the floor in the game, it's not possible to point and click. In Grim Fandango, you could theoretically compensate by creating code to detect a click on screen and redirect to a specific scene. Unfortunately, you can't do that in a fully 3D environment.

So, keyboard+mouse, point and drag (mouse only), and gamepad are your only options. I know you said you weren't interested in using the arrow keys (or WASD). I personally found that the best option. It took a while for me to get used to it, but now it's second nature to me to play that way in Telltale's games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.