Episode 202 - What is it doing there???

edited March 2008 in Sam & Max
Guess who you can find at the Ocean Chimps' cave? Lou, the bowling ball! It has no apparent use, as the game can be finished without picking it up. It also wasn't mentioned in the "Did you try?" section and in the Walkthrough. So what is it doing there???

Comments

• edited March 2008
    It's a red herring.
  • edited March 2008
    We haven't seen Lou since 101... it was a lost object... where do lost things go?

Check around Easter Island and the Ocean Chimps' cave... plenty of lost items, including one "Lost" item :) The bowling ball may not have any use in the game, but it's certainly appropriate that it's there. :) (Crown of socks, anyone?)
  • MelMel
    edited March 2008
    Lou was used in Bright Side of the Moon, wasn't he it?
  • edited March 2008
    204 Spoiler:
    The ink ribbon's presence in 203 was explained in 204, so maybe Lou's presence in 202 will be explained in 205
  • edited March 2008
    I didn't find any ink ribbon in 203. Where is it?
  • edited March 2008
    Slowpoke wrote: »
    I didn't find any ink ribbon in 203. Where is it?

In the castle, on the couch to the right of the fireplace.
  • edited March 2008
    Loved the lost reference! Also, loved having the canceled Freelance Police beta in the pile of stuff by the Moai's.
  • edited March 2008
    Gotta play 203 again... and 202, and 201. Not necessarily in this order, of course!
  • edited March 2008
    yeah.. i like replaying the episodes and noticing things i never saw in my first few playthroughs... i just played 202 again the other night and i noticed a peculiar water stain on the towel laying by the junkbox, ring any bells ;)

11c5myd.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    Anyone else see the piles of boxes for a game that looks a lot like Duke Nukem Forever? I guess that's why we're still waiting 11 year on...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    yeah.. i like replaying the episodes and noticing things i never saw in my first few playthroughs... i just played 202 again the other night and i noticed a peculiar water stain on the towel laying by the junkbox, ring any bells ;)

11c5myd.jpg

It always looked like the shroud of Van Gogh to me, but apparently it was someone else. Can't remember who for the life of me though.
  • edited March 2008
    Will wrote: »
    It always looked like the shroud of Van Gogh to me, but apparently it was someone else. Can't remember who for the life of me though.

WHO IS IT!
  • edited March 2008
    I'm not sure :(
  • edited March 2008
    Correction: I just went and asked Brian Gillies, who modeled that environment. He said it was supposed to be the highly controversial (but never located) shroud of Jimmy Durante.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.