OMG Downtime Over

edited March 2008 in General Chat
Hello all,

I'm going to be taking our site offline tonight at around 7pm our time (Pacific, or GMT -8) to do some behind-the-scenes upgrades on Apache, PHP, and all of that good stuff. Nothing fun, I'm afraid.

While the site is down, unlocking games using your My Telltale account probably won't work, so you'll need to either use your serial number.

I'm trying to get everything built today, so hopefully the site won't be down longer than an hour or two, but sometimes the world of Linux throws you a curveball :)

Comments

• edited March 2008
    It's like Y2K all over again!
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    While the site is down, unlocking games using your My Telltale account probably won't work, so you'll need to either use your serial number.

OR...? :p

Just messin' with you.
    I'm glad we got a longer warning, though. Last time, mhaley almost had a heart attack.
  • edited March 2008
    I know, he sent an email expressing his disapproval.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    (At 1:00 in the morning.)
  • edited March 2008
    Hey, a man has need that he needs to fill, no matter what time it is. :D
  • edited March 2008
    Downtime postponed due to awesomeness! Stay tuned for Friday night instead.
  • edited March 2008
    Why would someone send a disapproving email for the site being down? What arguements could you possibly have? You ruined my life?
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Why would someone send a disapproving email for the site being down? What arguements could you possibly have? You ruined my life?

Yes.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for that reminder, Allen. I nearly choked on a cough drop after reading this thread. I seem to only vaguely remember the e-mail that I sent to Jake, and yes, it was at 1 AM. Surely, it was daytime somewhere in the world, though. Nobody likes it when the activation system goes offline. This was of course before serial number activation was put into place.

And that's all that I'll say on the matter, lest I be further stoned.
  • edited March 2008
    Friday's no problem - after all, it's the Easter long weekend, so don't stay at home reading forums... go out camping :)

[I leave tonight for a
    time travelling
    adventure.... completely unrelated to 204, the theme similarity is a coincidence...]
  • edited March 2008
    mhaley wrote: »
    Thanks for that reminder, Allen. I nearly choked on a cough drop after reading this thread. I seem to only vaguely remember the e-mail that I sent to Jake, and yes, it was at 1 AM. Surely, it was daytime somewhere in the world, though. Nobody likes it when the activation system goes offline. This was of course before serial number activation was put into place.

And that's all that I'll say on the matter, lest I be further stoned.

Shun the nonbeliever! Shuuuuuuuun! ;) :D
  • edited March 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    It's like Y2K all over again!

oh... goodie...

I still remember the last time. Everybody was nagging me - as the computer expert alike in the group of friends/family - about what it all meant, and how they would be affected. And me - currently working with support - was sick already from helping people when I got home from a long, hard day of work. I had to try to explain it all to them without ending up trying to strangle somebody. It can be trying for the most patient of souls.
  • edited March 2008
    Thanks for the tip. But is there a way to cancel my account at anytime? Because if my dad finds out I'm associated with this website, I'm going to suffer a fate worse than death; perhaps not play any videogames for the rest of my life!! Trust me, he is THAT serious!
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, just let us know if you need to. How come your dad's got something against us? :)
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah, just let us know if you need to. How come your dad's got something against us? :)
    He probably thinks that any teenager who talks to people on the Internet will end up dead in a ditch somewhere.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008

There was that time we kidnapped his family...
  • edited March 2008
    Please... we had to fire our murder squad years ago. They turned out to be a huge PR liability.
  • edited March 2008
    Now I know why your CSI games are so realistic!
  • edited March 2008

No, it's not like that. He is just a first-class killjoy. Always work before pleasure. When he complains over the petty messes in the kitchen, I feel like shoving a scrub brush up his "chute".
  • edited March 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    Always work before pleasure.

That builds character. At least that is what I was always told. Probably why I am severely lacking in such.
  • edited March 2008
    Dad: It builds character.
    Calvin: Every time I've built character in my life I've regretted it.
  • edited March 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Dad: It builds character.
    Calvin: Every time I've built character in my life I've regretted it.

So glad somebody got the reference.:)
  • edited March 2008
    Well, that went a little less awesomely than I'd hoped. Didn't accomplish much of anything due to compile issues :(
  • edited March 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    Hey, a man has need that he needs to fill, no matter what time it is. :D

Ain't it the truth... :p

Cheers!
  • edited March 2008
    Well, that went a little less awesomely than I'd hoped. Didn't accomplish much of anything due to compile issues :(

Use Gentoo for a while. You'd be amazed at how much you can learn about fixing compiling issues during the multi-day install process. XD
  • edited March 2008
    emerge my soul

(I already use it ;))
  • edited March 2008
    emerge my soul

(I already use it ;))

What exactly were you trying to do to the site anyway?
  • edited March 2008
    emerge my soul

(I already use it ;))

emerge: "my" not a valid argument.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.