april fool talk

edited April 2008 in General Chat
The prank I pulled off today was replacing sugar with salt in the sugar bowl and watch my dad prepare his morning coffee. When he took that first sip, he spat the tainted coffee all over the kitchen floor. (laughs):D. That was a great prank; simple, but effective. Does anyone like to share some of the funniest pranks they pulled off on somebody?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Had to dust the cobwebs off of that one, eh? :rolleyes:
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    This morning I set Jake’s desk on fire. He may not have been laughing, but I’m pretty sure he thought it was funny.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    For april fools this year I tricked myself into thinking that I'd get up on time. And to think I fell for it last night.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    langley wrote: »
    This morning I set Jake’s desk on fire. He may not have been laughing, but I’m pretty sure he thought it was funny.

what?!
  • edited April 2008
    ill bet thats not the only thing he set on fire..

my favorite jokes are ones that involve superglue and skunk balm...

i also like the google jokes
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    what?!
    You're reaction is perfect ;)
  • edited April 2008
    I read plenty of good news articles yesterday that were just believable enough, but a tiny bit ludicrous too...

I think the best one requires a little bit of context:
    Usually in the states in Australia that have Daylight Savings, it would finish on the last weekend on March. In fact, on Sunday morning, some people's computers and mobile phones etc had automatically switched times. However, this year, Daylight savings has been extended by an extra week (and will start 3 weeks earlier in October) so it doesn't actually end until next weekend.

Thus, after Sunday's confusion, Monday morning on JJJ breakfast radio they were talking about this whole debacle, and amazement at how many professional companies (mobile phone networks etc) had screwed up clocks.

Then on Tuesday morning (April 1), I wake up to my 6.30 alarm to hear the 5.30 news bulletin. First thought: The Adelaide delay of the broadcast (usually half an hour) was delayed by an extra hour due to screwed up daylight savings clocks. But then I thought... hang on, they talked about fixing their clocks yesterday, this is probably an April fool's day prank.

Yep, it was, they said as much this morning. However, I really hope people didn't just get their time from the radio yesterday morning, or they'd have been running an hour late all day....

I wasn't fooled, I got to work on time :)
  • edited April 2008
    You know, I remember reading a news article a few years ago about one big, and STUPID, prank an Australian TV studio pulled off. The studio sent a man dressed like Osama Bin Laden to a hotel where President Bush was visiting. That guy could've been shot on sight! What were those morons thinking?! Of coarse, I might be mistaken. If I was, I'm sorry.
  • edited April 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    You know, I remember reading a news article a few years ago about one big, and STUPID, prank an Australian TV studio pulled off. The studio sent a man dressed like Osama Bin Laden to a hotel where President Bush was visiting. That guy could've been shot on sight! What were those morons thinking?! Of coarse, I might be mistaken. If I was, I'm sorry.

At least theres 1 chance out of number x of possibilities that you are telling the truth.
  • edited April 2008
    I still say YouTube's prank beats everybody's.
  • edited April 2008
    Didn't the BBC have something about flying penguins?
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Didn't the BBC have something about flying penguins?

Yep. You can view it over at the iPlayer or YouTube.

I thought that was quite well done for an April Fools, and they showed in on TV as well.
  • edited April 2008

The Chaser did this during the APEC summit last year (it wasn't an April Fool's joke... they do pranks all their time for their tv show).

The whole point of their stunt was to show how much taxpayer money was wasted on security for APEC... and how it didn't work. They had a limo with Canadian flags, ID tags with the word "JOKE" on them in large print, and they still passed two checkpoints without being stopped by security. As they neared the hotel where George W Bush was staying, they voluntarily turned their motorcade around, and then Chas (dressed as Bin Laden) got out of the limo... and only /then/ did security twig that they weren't legit.

Several of the people in the stunt were arrested, and their court case is set for June. In the meantime, the Chaser team are doing a live stage show this year instead of the TV show. I've got my ticket for one of their Adelaide shows in May :)

http://abc.net.au/chaser

Direct link to the APEC stunt video:
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/video/default.htm?program=chaser&pres=20070912_2100
  • edited April 2008
    [jaw dropped] Boy, do I feel sheepish. Who knew that the biggest morons was the security staff. No offense.
  • edited April 2008
    I pulled off two good pranks yesterday. One is involving a Karl Gauss (of Gauss's law) mask. I have one I made for Halloween (don't ask), and it is one of the creepiest things in my apartment according to my roommate. So what better to do than hang it in front of his door at eye level so he would have a surprise when he woke up. He exited his room so fast he didn't see it until he hit his face on it, causing him to about have a heart attack. He says he had to change pants afterward, but I am unsure how true that is :)

Then, I posted a message saying how "tired I am of having a broken nose" on facebook. I got quite a few messages of condolence from friends... but then I forgot to reply back and say "April Fools", so some of them still think I have a broken nose. Oh well.

I also set Jake's desk on fire.
  • edited April 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    I pulled off two good pranks yesterday. One is involving a Karl Gauss (of Gauss's law) mask.

Not to be confused under any circumstances...

tenaciousdya6.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    ^ Ah man, I'd kill for a Kyle Gass mask! :D
  • edited April 2008
    i still like the video of the "strap on" Wiimote attachment... i think the video is gone now cause i cant find it anywhere

the way he kept rubbing it, and all the sports games they were playing.. priceless (bowling and baseball were the funniest ones) :rolleyes:

"Now you can play with no hands!... with the strap on wiimote!"
  • edited April 2008
    Sorry, I don't get that.
  • Jake ForbesJake Forbes Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I traumatized Labyrinth fans on my "Return to Labyrinth" Blog:
    Gobblin.net

Apologies to George Lucas...
  • edited April 2008
    Sorry, I don't get that.

They strapped the Wiimote to their arm.

Also, Jake Forbes, I wouldn't be surprised if that's in the making.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.