Sam and Max season 2 free game.

edited April 2008 in Sam & Max
What free episode will telltale release if there's a third season.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Episode DELETED THREAD!
  • edited April 2008
    If I am mistaken, it really depends on us, the forum goers to decide which episode to be free. I assumed that "Lincoln must die" was picked for havina lot of positive remarks from the ppl here; If I recall, TT made a poll in the forums not to long ago, asking which episode did we, the fans, like the best. I think the majority of us chose episode 4, hence it being the free game. I can be wrong, but I think that is how a free game is deteremined by TT.
  • edited April 2008
    I thought we should have asked what episode you guys liked best and charged more for it.
  • edited April 2008
    i dont think they will be offering another free episode (although i could be wrong) "Abe Lincoln Must Die" is a good representation of the series as a whole... and they already offer demos of every other episode, although i am unsure as to how much is covered in those demos of each episode...

although if they release one of the season 2 episodes for free... (Episode 4 and 5 would make no sense to a new player, and episode 2 was quite possibly the most hated episode to date) so given that... if they host an episode for free this time around, it will probably be "Ice station Santa" or "Night of the raving dead"... either of which would make a good candidate for representing the whole of season 2
  • edited April 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    episode 2 was quite possibly the most hated episode to date

How could you hate episode 2 it had awesome fourth grade jokes like "The islands got wood". Gets me every time. HAHA Boobies.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    The reviews for 202 and 203 are quite interesting to me. Some people absolutely loved 202 and hated 203, others hated 202 and loved 203. It was very strange.
  • edited April 2008
    I must be in the minority, because I liked them both... give or take a few puzzles that made me go "Huh?!"

Anyway, I think 104 was a good way to introduce people into the franchise and should remain the only free episode for the entire lisence at this point. At some point in the future, it would be nice to have a season 2 freebie, but for now, 104 is doing a damn good job of that.

But for a second helping of Sam & Max, I am partial to having 202. It's the most self-contained episode that isn't seasonal. Plus it showcases the high-brow humor of Sam & Max much like 104 displayed the political humor you can get away with in the lisence.
  • edited April 2008
    I personally didn't like 202, but that's in part due to the GameTap debacle souring the experience. (Although it was interesting seeing the differences between the test version and the final release)
  • edited April 2008
    Imo, episode 2 was pretty good. I thought the main issue ppl had with the game were the difficulty of the puzzles. However, since I grew up with adventure games, I loved the more challenging puzzles.
  • edited April 2008
    I think 203 would be the one to go with. It is probably the best episode so far if you were to rule out 204, which would spoil a big part of the season. Also 203 ends in a cliffhanger so people who get it will think "man what happened to this mysterious bosco person who wasnt even in this episode but clearly has a major role" and buy the whole season. 202 just didnt leave me thinking about what will happen next.
  • edited April 2008
    203 is my favorite except for 204, which is too much of a spoiler and not self-contained. 202 just hit a weird chord with me, I don't know. The environment was kind of drab, and the difficulty curve was weird. Lots of difficult stuff on the island surface (which was a relatively uninteresting environment to spend so much time in), then when you got underwater to the more interesting part of the story and gameplay, it seemed to just fly by.
  • edited April 2008
    For me, 201 should be the free episode because this one don't show spoilers to those who are playing season 2.
  • edited April 2008
    but it shows hell!
  • edited April 2008
    It's just a minor spoiler.
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    but it shows hell!

We don't know that for sure, for all we know that scene could be from a case far away into the future or hell.
    I'm inclined to think that the scene is not hell, but a scene from a future case based on Max's remark that Sam gained some weight and considering the narrow time frame of season 2 (202 starts just after returning from the NP on 201, 203 starts just after getting back from Easter Island, and so on) there is not enough time (of course S&M world is S&M world, so time may or may not be an issue)
  • edited April 2008
    Isn't 104 enough? 104 was perfect because it is free during the time of U.S. presidential elections. So people (like me) will find 104 and then after playing it, will want to play the other episodes.
  • edited April 2008
    if i remember correctly 201 was already made a semi-free episode if you bought the surfin the highway paperback, right?
  • edited April 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    We don't know that for sure, for all we know that scene could be from a case far away into the future or hell.
    I'm inclined to think that the scene is not hell, but a scene from a future case based on Max's remark that Sam gained some weight and considering the narrow time frame of season 2 (202 starts just after returning from the NP on 201, 203 starts just after getting back from Easter Island, and so on) there is not enough time (of course S&M world is S&M world, so time may or may not be an issue)

I mean sending shambling corprate presence sent to hell!!!!!
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    jaden551 wrote: »
    I mean sending shambling corprate presence sent to hell!!!!!

I don't think that could be viewed as a spoiler, unless you put somewhere "The final season showdown will be in hell" ;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, we can't have people playing 201 before 205. That might give stuff away and wouldn't make sense at all...
  • edited April 2008
    you guys are insane that 201 is a spoiler because it shows hell! LMAO

It is like TT cannot make 101 free because it mentions Prismatalogy.

I mean, have you guys ever heard of foreshadowing? LOL

I don't recall 201 showin hell, but mentioning it. For the newbies who, lets say, played only 201, would just think that Hell only plays a role in the episode and not the season. It is like those who thought that Hugh Bliss only had a role in ep2 and not the season1.
  • edited April 2008
    doom saber wrote: »
    I don't recall 201 showin hell, but mentioning it. For the newbies who, lets say, played only 201, would just think that Hell only plays a role in the episode and not the season. It is like those who thought that Hugh Bliss only had a role in ep2 and not the season1.
    Christmas Future showed what everyone believes is Hell. Plus, there is that huge snow devil.
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Christmas Future showed what everyone believes is Hell. Plus, there is that huge snow devil.

Oh, okay. I notice the devil, but I was assumed that "Hell" is a volcano from the dialogue from future Sam and Max.
  • edited April 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Plus, there is that huge snow devil.
    where? when? why?:confused:
  • edited April 2008
    The one in the snow on the far left side in front of Santa's workshop. It was shown in the trailer.
  • edited April 2008
    It's kind of hidden when you walk towards the sled. I have hotspots on, so the little label that popped up helped me out tons.
  • edited April 2008
    I say either 201 or 203.

Hey, "Sham und Maxs" sent Santa to hell, right? So they must run into him there somewhere.

"...I can't use these things together!"
  • edited April 2008
    Actually, it was Specs, Peepers, and Whizzer who mailed him there.
  • edited April 2008
    Actually, it was Specs, Peepers, and Whizzer who mailed him there.

You might want to
    tag that IMMEDIATELY.
  • edited April 2008
    scollege wrote: »
    I say either 201 or 203.

Hey, "Sham und Maxs" sent Santa to hell, right? So they must run into him there somewhere.

"...I can't use these things together!"

Uh, disregard the Santa thing if you haven;t played 201 yet, yeah.
  • edited April 2008
    The soda poppers sent Santa to hell for their own evil plan.
  • edited April 2008
    The devil went to north pole.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.