Preorder cheaper?

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
Okay, here's a question that hopefully won't turn into another 10 page debate over Max's voice or fur.

Will the preorder price be cheaper, or will it be the same price to simply buy the disc at the end of the season? If we go with the second option, will we still be able to download the episodes as well?

Good to finally hear the pricing, either way :)

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Hey that was a 20 page thread on the voices :D
  • edited October 2006
    I didn't quite understand your question, so I'll give you some info:

If you decide to buy the whole season from the TellTale Games site, you will be able to download every episode as soon as they are released. Then, when the whole season is done, you will get all the Episodes on Disc free of charge (shipping not included).

This deal is available at any time, so it doesn't have to be a preorder. If you buy the whole season, you will be able to download all episodes and get the CD, no matter when you buy.
  • edited October 2006
    If you are buying a disc at the end of the season why would you then want to download them..you already got em on a disc? :|
  • edited October 2006
    If you are buying a disc at the end of the season why would you then want to download them..you already got em on a disc? :|

Cause then you can play them when they come out instead of waiting till the end of the season!
  • edited October 2006
    Cause then you can play them when they come out instead of waiting till the end of the season!

But isn’t that what the pre-order package already offers?
    All six episodes to down-load when released and a boxed copy of the game at the end of the season? :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    That is what we're offering right now - the ability to buy up front, get each episode as it comes out, and receive a disk at the end of the season for $34.95 (plus shipping, if you want the disk).

Whether or not this deal will stand for the whole season, or what the price will be after the season is over, is not something I know right now. (In other words, buy now!)

We really want the focus to be on the episodes between now and April, and I hope that once the games start coming out and reviews start rolling in, people who have been planning to wait until April won't want to wait anymore. :D

As for why you'd want a download copy if you also have a CD - one reason is so you can play as the games come out, of course. Another is that the less you use your CD, the better shape it stays in. I think of it as a backup copy. I've never used my Bone CDs, but they sure do look pretty on the shelf. :)

(Oh, and to address the question about free downloads after the season ends -- any game we self-publish also comes with a free downloadable version. So if you DO decide to wait until April to get the CD, you'll still get free downloads along with it.)
  • edited October 2006
    The reason you'd want to download when ordering at the end of the season is that where I live in, mail doesn't instantly from the mailbox the moment you order something. If you download, you'll be able to play while the hard copies are on their way!
  • edited October 2006
    Well, I think MAX should have more fur, and his voice isn't right.
  • edited October 2006
    Well, I think MAX should have more fur, and his voice isn't right.

Hmm. Having studied your little avatar I have decided that it needs more fur. Also, the voice is all wrong. For those of you saying "I don't hear any voice. It's a picture", I am supplying the voice in my head. And the voice needs to be more ZANY.

Anyway, the reason you need the games on CD? For a feeling of completion man. In fact you should buy two. One to frame and look at on your wall, as for the other: You are to buy a new CD or DVD drive on your computer. Place game CD in there. You are never to take the CD out again or to put in another game. You will refer to this as the 'fun drive'. And you'll always be able to play Sam and Max! ALWAYS.

I'm sorry. It's late and I have exams tomorrow. Therefore, I'm freaking out and I can't ensure my posts will make sense. If it's any consolation they make perfect sense to me.
  • edited October 2006
    Yes. Buying Sam & Max will make your life better. It's the basis of all material products and lifetime wasting services such as video and PC games...you spend money on them in the hope that your life will improve as a result.

So...be a sport and buy the Sam & Max CD SET. It will undoubtedly make your life BETTER.
  • edited October 2006
    It's late and I have exams tomorrow.
    Best of luck to you.
  • edited October 2006
    This price structure is very attractive! I'm going for the upfront option for sure! B-)

--Erwin
Sign in to comment in this discussion.