where to find Hit the Road

edited April 2008 in General Chat
Once upon a time, the Sam&Max Hit the Road game was in stores, and yet this one gamer was too young (like 6 years old) to notice it:(. Right now, I would like to know where to find a copy of the game. Is it still around? Answer me, please!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Nobody sells it unless you're in Europe. Try eBay.
  • edited April 2008
    you can also check Amazon, but whether its EBay or Amazon or any other site for that matter, you'll probably be charged an arm and a leg.

Edit:

Found something that might peek your interest. And its not too expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000O6DW3C/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1207790862&sr=8-4
  • edited April 2008
    E-mail LucasArts and tell them to stock it.
  • edited April 2008
    I do see it on Amazon... I doubt anyone except the stores make money on it now though... So I think its okay to get it by other means with clear conscience.
    Be sure to get ScummVM when you get the game... On CD or a stack of floppies haha. That would make it more Windows friendly.
  • edited April 2008
    A clear conscience, maybe, but it's technically illegal. Of course, ethics and legality aren't as closely intertwined as one might like to think.
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks everyone, but I absolutely don't want to deal with bidding sites; they make me nervous. At least I get to enjoy YouTube's hillarious Sam&Max clips. They had Max sticking his butt in a paper shredder machine. I completly died of laughter from that.
  • edited April 2008
    Try video game trading websites... the game might come only in CD form, but at least it will be a legal copy.
  • edited April 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, but I absolutely don't want to deal with bidding sites; they make me nervous. At least I get to enjoy YouTube's hillarious Sam&Max clips. They had Max sticking his butt in a paper shredder machine. I completly died of laughter from that.

You can use ebay stores too, you know? No bidding at all!

Here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sam-and-Max-Hit-the-Road-PC-worldwide-shipping_W0QQitemZ150228386519QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3606QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

This will run you just about over $20
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah this game should be bought, it's still being sold.. and they should sell a lot to see that there is a market for classic old games.

But if games aren't sold and haven't been for some time... well, that's a different matter in my opinion.. only eBay sellers and other people like that make money in such cases.

But I still buy all games though as I need to have original copies.
  • edited April 2008
    It would be really nice if Lucasarts would properly re-release the game which a spiffy launcher and menu and let Telltale sell it in their store.
  • edited April 2008
    In Germany there is a re-release of all lucasarts titles by (I think) Activision named "LucasArts Classics". E.g. Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Indy, and - fanfare! - sam&max hit the road.

Look here in "our" amazon Store:
    http://www.amazon.de/Sam-Max-Hit-the-Road/dp/B000NVLHF8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1207994019&sr=8-1

If you can afford the costs for shipping, it would be a good idea to buy it here in europe, and let it ship to you.

But: I'm not sure if you can switch it to English!
  • edited April 2008
    They're listed in the US amazon site too.
  • edited April 2008
    In Germany there is a re-release of all lucasarts titles by (I think) Activision named "LucasArts Classics". E.g. Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Indy, and - fanfare! - sam&max hit the road.

Look here in "our" amazon Store:
    http://www.amazon.de/Sam-Max-Hit-the-Road/dp/B000NVLHF8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1207994019&sr=8-1

If you can afford the costs for shipping, it would be a good idea to buy it here in europe, and let it ship to you.

But: I'm not sure if you can switch it to English!

he could always import it from the uk then he would definatally be able to have english
  • edited April 2008
    patters wrote: »
    he could always import it from the uk then he would definatally be able to have english
    I know for a fact that UK Amazon doesn't ship games to America.
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I know for a fact that UK Amazon doesn't ship games to America.

this seems to say otherwise http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=11072991
  • edited April 2008
    patters wrote: »
    They ship most things to America, but not games. You'll notice that they only have ship rates for music, movies and books.
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    They ship most things to America, but not games. You'll notice that they only have ship rates for music, movies and books.

sorry i misread and thought you said amazon uk wouldnt ship anything
  • edited April 2008
    I live in Europe =p I can send bought copies to all of ya! =p
  • edited April 2008
    Plan3 wrote: »
    I live in Europe =p I can send bought copies to all of ya! =p

For free? :)
  • edited April 2008
    If I was a rich man... =p
    Price in Norway is about 22 usd + shipping.
  • edited April 2008
    it only costs about ( 9 US for the game here in australia)
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »

I always said that Australians were better off... Think about it.
  • edited April 2008
    Lucky Australians! =p
  • edited April 2008
    Don't worry, they get a borked GTAIV. :p
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    it costs around 10€ in germany...but you don't want the german version, do you? well, i have it and would prefer the original..
  • edited April 2008
    I've seen it going for £1 (It was Day of the Tentacle / Hit the Road in the same jewel case) in a charity shop near Blackpool here in the UK. It's about 2 hours drive away from where I live though so I wouldn't be able to pick it up.
  • edited April 2008
    but wouldn't the two hour drive increase the cost to..don't know... 7£?
    damn, i could have sworn there was a pound character on my keyboard before..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.