Reinventing the wheel

edited September 2006 in Sam & Max
The game seems to follow such a simple design.

I wanted to get it for so long, now after reading about its development... I'm not interested anymore...

Sam and Max to me will always be fun and I'll remember playing the old games, and laughing at the jokes from their comics and cartoons but... I don't think I'll be buying this game.

Partly because it doesn't seem thought out enough, maybe they need more time. I still applaud their efforts, they're trying.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    You may be interested in Pantera's Reinventing The Steel, though
  • edited September 2006
    I guess the whole thing feels like I'm buying cartridge games again.
  • edited September 2006
    I feel like I've been a little harsh. I mean the game is what it is. :) And if people want to buy it, let them know what they are getting into. I had to find out the hard way that the game I was waiting for wasn't my cup of tea. I'd hate to support it only to look on the back and see that the game is stand alone. Articles online seems to say otherwise and should be corrected.
  • edited September 2006
    What exactly have you read that is misleading?
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2006
    Oh man... no wonder the marketing team is always so grumpy...
  • edited September 2006
    The game seems to follow such a simple design.

I wanted to get it for so long, now after reading about its development... I'm not interested anymore...

Sam and Max to me will always be fun and I'll remember playing the old games, and laughing at the jokes from their comics and cartoons but... I don't think I'll be buying this game.

Partly because it doesn't seem thought out enough, maybe they need more time. I still applaud their efforts, they're trying.

I bet you a million bucks you'll be eating those words when the game gets released.
    You'll buy the game, stop acting like you won't
  • edited September 2006
    You think it will a bad game? then explain , or have enough modesty to wait until it's out and then explain what do you feel about it.
    but if you don't intend to explain what you wrote, and why you feel like this . it is far more serious than throwing some partial sentences to the air.

if understand correctly it is another grunt about the episodic nature of the game?
  • edited September 2006
    I've a fantastic idea, why don't we all wait until we've all played the game before judging it? If I worked in Telltale I'd be getting really pissed off with everyone constantly saying what they don't like based on a handful of screenshots and videos.
  • edited September 2006
    I've a fantastic idea, why don't we all wait until we've all played the game before judging it? If I worked in Telltale I'd be getting really pissed off with everyone constantly saying what they don't like based on a handful of screenshots and videos.

That is one of the reasons you aren't a game developer. Devs with any experience know to expect this when in progress of making something high profile.
    The fact that there is a lot of opinions about a wide variety of topics about the game goes to show that this game is beginning to gather more widespread interest.
  • edited September 2006
    Ah finally someone understands!

Arguements about the game is a lot more riveting that

"DUH I like it sooooooooo much, I wish it were out now"

We're mostly keeping entertained while waiting for the game.

Yes you're making it faster than other people but there are a few who've been waiting a very long time for this.
  • edited September 2006
    Ah finally someone understands!

Actually I think a lot of us understand, but no one has bothered to post it to point it out. :)
  • edited September 2006
    I agree with linque but I dont see any point in announcing that you are not buying the game.. if you are not buying it fine..why are you still on this forum?? [:>]
Sign in to comment in this discussion.