President of Strong Badia

I sent in an email to Strongbad about him becoming president of Strong Badia a month ago. According to 1Up, one of the episodes involves Strong Bad being a leader of his country. I'm hoping that my name gets mentioned in the game. ;)

Comments

• edited April 2008
    jackcos13 wrote: »
    I sent in an email to Strongbad about him becoming president of Strong Badia a month ago. According to 1Up, one of the episodes involves Strong Bad being a leader of his country. I'm hoping that my name gets mentioned in the game. ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. But I'm sure they thank you for your input...:rolleyes:
  • edited April 2008
    Technically I think he's king of Strong Badia. And has been ever since SBemail 11.
  • edited April 2008
    He "rules over" Strong Badia, the field around that fence. Everywhere else in the Homestar World is "Free Country, USA."
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    The episode storylines were nailed down longer than a month ago. :p

We wanted to use actual emails in the games but there are legal issues involved, so the emails in the games will be made up. But still funny. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We wanted to use actual emails in the games but there are legal issues involved, so the emails in the games will be made up. But still funny. :D

You shouldn't try and make the emails funny - you should try to make them realistic and varied. They should range from normal emails with the odd error to textual trainwrecks, like they are in the toons. The key to typing poorly is not to try to type poorly, but to not try to type well. The Homestar Runner Wiki has full transcripts of all emails that you can study. This page is dedicated to poorly written emails.

Edit: Alternatively, you could set up your own Strong Bad email address and make it clear that all emails received become the property of Telltale Games. If it's too late to do that for this season, you could do it for the next season if you make one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    To people who don't know, the emails in the game will probably pass as real emails. They're written in the same ridiculously poor style as the ones Strong Bad hand selects to answer in the sbemails. I think Emily was referring to Strong Bad's responses being funny.

Hearing Strong Bad read the emails in his inbox in the game feels like a real sbemail experience. In the last few weeks, I have lamely repeatedly thought that someone had their speakers turned up too loud while watching some sbemails, but it turned out they were running tests on the game's audio system by playing through the parts of the game which involve using the lappy to read emails, or talking to Bubs about some shady deal he had going.
  • edited April 2008
    How will each episode start? Will SB read an email and then his adventure starts there? How does an episode end? Also, will the Wii and PC versions be out at the same time.
  • edited April 2008
    I want a description of the whole game. Now.
  • edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I want a description of the whole game. Now.

Screw that, I want the game now! In all it's buggy unfinished glory.
  • edited April 2008
    i just want the Wii.....and the game....and both! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Will there at least be a new e-mail song every episode like with the SBEmails on the site? That would certainly be a nice touch.
  • edited April 2008
    new email announcements per episode. I second that wish
  • edited April 2008
    And once you get enough e-mails to overflow the menu, he should start singing about scroll buttons. Because... you'd have to scroll.
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    legal issues huh? heard of those before...but where is the difference between the homepage and the game? i mean you could contact the writer of a chosen email and make him sign stuff...okay, as you probably guessed by now, i don't know shrapnel about legal whatever...but still it would have been great to see original emails in the game. maybe if you do a contest..the funniest email get's chosen for the final episode and the conditions to participate are to not pull any legal stuff...no?
  • edited April 2008
    Perhaps since it's going to be a product that's sold, that brings up a whole new slew of legal issues? I don't really know squat about it either.

Anyway, I'm guessing we probably wouldn't have even known/noticed that the game had "fake" e-mails if we hadn't been told so.
  • edited April 2008
    Perhaps since it's going to be a product that's sold, that brings up a whole new slew of legal issues? I don't really know squat about it eiter.
    But the DVDs of past email episodes are sold.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh yeah, that's right.
  • edited April 2008
    some of them from our own site ;)
  • edited April 2008
    It probably has to do with Telltale having more expensive and concerned lawyers, not to mention there being a lot more at stake. A professional game company can't get away with operating the way a bunch of guys working out of their garage (so to speak) operate.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I think Harald B is hitting closest to the truth here.

Also what Doug said, about how you should buy everything in the Telltale Store. That part is probably true, too.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Also what Doug said, about how you should buy everything in the Telltale Store. That part is probably true, too.

Done. Now my bank account has... hmmmm, let's see...

NEGATIVE 700 DOLLARS?!?!?!!?!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.