The Blog with Puzzles In It

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
It's me again. Deirdra: Warrior Intern, here to fight oppression and save the world with yet another Telltale blog. And this time, I've got my own login...

imageAnywho, a little while ago, Heather brought in a box of free books for us Telltale employees to take, because they were taking up too much space in her place of residence. Considering that I get easily excited by both books and free stuff, I immediately dived into the box, pulling out all the good ones I could find before anyone else took them. Unfortunately, as I probably should have expected, none of the books were earth-shatteringly good, or else why would Heather be giving them away?

But since I'm willing to settle for "mildly amusing" (expecting "earth-shatteringly good" all the time does tend to make a person consistently disappointed, after all), I ended up taking a book of puzzles cleverly titled "Are You Smart or What?" and written by some dude called Pat Battaglia. My favourite puzzle in said book is as follows:

"This is an unusual paragraph. It has a trait not found in many paragraphs of this many words. Can you find out what it is? It's not as hard as you might think. Just look and study. I know you can do it. Good luck!"

(Hint: This puzzle is not extremely difficult nor can it be done with ease.)

Was that too hard? Here's a deceptively-simple one:

"Tommy's mother has three children represented by the coins below. The first child is named Penny. The second is named Nicole. What is the name of the third child?"

(Slightly misleading hint: Dave Felton insisted that the answer was "Dimitri".)

Be sure to comment if you think you know the answers. Blog writers love comments, after all. They remind us that we do, in fact, exist.
This discussion has been closed.