New toys!

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
Dan flew out to Ohio to visit Jeff Smith last week and brought back two limited edition cast statues from the Bone series. Luckily Jon Sgro, our resident Bone collector, was not in the office this morning because I opened the boxes (*gasp*) and put the figures out on display... after several people oohed and ahhed and got their grubby little fingers all over them!

The statues are very nice, quality-wise, and they're numbered on the bottom. Jeff sent us Phoney Bone in his hand-in-the-air pose from the cover of an earlier release of The Dragonslayer (the fourth book in the Bone series), and Smiley in his Mystery Cow outfit, which is of course of great significance to all of us with the recent completion of The Great Cow Race game. The coolest thing (and also the most disturbing thing) about the Smiley statue is that he's resting on his udder with his legs in a running pose, so he really looks like he's mid-stride. The Phoney statue is 728/1000 and Smiley is 2309/2500.

Now we just have to figure out where to put them! Last week, Dave Bogan accidentally knocked an entire colony of sea monkeys off Heather's desk and onto the floor, so logic says we should keep these precious statues away from both Heather's desk and Dave Bogan. I have a hunch Jon would stuff them back in their boxes if given the opportunity. And considering some of the choice phrases I've heard the programmers muttering lately as they figure out how to make Max follow Sam around without getting in his way, I don't think anything marked "fragile" is safe in their vicinity.

Oh well. Guess they'll just have to live on my desk...

Speaking of The Dragonslayer (three paragraphs ago), Scholastic's rerelease will be out August first... just a month away! Jeff recently put some never-before-seen color pictures from the book up on Boneville.com. Yummy.
This discussion has been closed.